Windows 8 Launch (Customer Preview) On 29 February - Devs Ready?

With the upcoming customer preview launch of the next operating system from Microsoft, I'm quite sure the developer community is getting ready to try out the next from Redmond giant. It would be interesting to hear from the developers what are the changes or updates Microsoft is offering to the new OS to make it more developer friendly? Has anyone downloaded it?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I have downloaded the platform preview. Looks awesome... Guess there won't be much User Experience changes but expecting a lot of performance based stuffs... ๐Ÿ˜€ Lets wait till this month end... ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    I have downloaded the platform preview. Looks awesome... Guess there won't be much User Experience changes but expecting a lot of performance based stuffs... ๐Ÿ˜€ Lets wait till this month end... ๐Ÿ˜
    The best thing I've seen is the awesome boot time. 8 Seconds is impressive! I'm sure Windows is learning a lot from OSX ๐Ÿ˜›
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    The best thing I've seen is the awesome boot time. 8 Seconds is impressive! I'm sure Windows is learning a lot from OSX ๐Ÿ˜›
    Correction: Learning a lot or copying a lot? Did you notice the Libraries, Docked Taskbar Icons, etc???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why there should to be matching impedance between two parallel connected transformer?
Google's famous lightweight web browser is now coming to Google's famous mobile operating system Android. The company announced the launch of chrome for android and following video demonstrates the early...
What's the buzz about this Responsive Web Design suddenly? Okay, let me say something what I felt. First thing is, a website can be accessed from any kind of devices,...
I want to display a bar chart in my web app. I am using ' jfreechart ' but I don't know how to configure netbean to make it to write...
A hacker released the source code for antivirus firm Symantec's pcAnywhere utility on Tuesday, raising fears that others could find security holes in the product and attempt takeovers of customer...