Wind load calculations for Solar PV rooftop structures

Solar PV structures can be compared to a monoslope roof (only with lower height). I need to know how do civil engineers design foundations and rails/purlins. I am currently refering to IS 875. For wind load calculations I am not clear on how to obtain the s factor in the k3 factor formula (k3 = 1 + C . s.)
Also a clear example to calculate wind load for solar structures will be appreciated.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any requirement need for keeping two or more windows in one system. Any risk in doing this? Which window is better for running program language like c , c++ ,...
How can you detect a very small crack on/inside the crankshaft.??
I registered on various job sites, submitted my cv and contact details. I am receiving various notifications from different companies but not sure how true these companies are! Also, I...
Hey all, Can anybody point me to the best source of learning about Oracle SQl explain plans online? Thank you
i am desiring to study m.tech in "MULTIMEDIA AND SOUND ENGINEERING". so can any cean's help me in knowing the top colleges and their "GATE"score cutoff's in india?