Will You Switch To Facebook Home?

Facebook's done what it thinks will help them dominate the mobile phones - and has added a layer of 'Facebook' over the Android operating system - taking control of your phone's home screen. The Facebook Home app will basically be your phone's home and populate your home-screen with content contributed by your friends.

While the feature looks interesting and 'the next big thing' for Facebook - it's evoked mixed reactions from people - including the media journalists and tech bloggers.

This thread is meant to discuss all things Facebook Home and how many of you are planning to let Facebook control your phone screens? You may also share your general thoughts and opinions about this new feature from FB for all Android phones.

PS: I personally believe that by open sourcing the operating system (Android) Google's lost the control of what can be done with the OS. FB might just kick out Google from their own operating system. Apple, it seems, has closed development approach for iOS and they're in better control of what to offer to the users.

What do you think?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am not in FB,so I don't think I am ever using it.

I don't think all Android users gonna use Facebook home as noone likes to be constantly notified with the shit their friends are updating.
    That's irritating,isn't it ?

Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally believe that by open sourcing the operating system (Android) Google's lost the control of what can be done with the OS. FB might just kick out Google from their own operating system. Apple, it seems, has closed development approach for iOS and they're in better control of what to offer to the users.
    We don't want control.We want Freedom!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Nodding to what is written the PS. 👍 I totally agree with it.

So, coming to what Facebook Home has to offer. I gathered 4 important things.

1. The Facebook logo won't appear anywhere on your phone.
    2. Facebook + Instagram = 25 percent of total time online for most people.
    3. Your phone will make a cute "bloop" sound every time you tap on something.
    4. Option to switch the Facebook Home feed to your "Pages Feed," which is basically the news feed coming from companies, sports teams or celebrities that you follow as a fan.

That's that for you.

I just have one comment to make - People should start thinking in reverse order.
    They should get a LIFE, not so much a SOCIAL LIFE. Talk to people in person, please.
  • lal
    lal
    But many people meet in real just to update their Facebook status. People take photos to post as profile pictures and get likes. That time is long lost when once photographs were taken for remembrance!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Well, looks like I am the only regular facebook user here! Anyways, I am not going to switch to Facebook Home. Reason: I dont want to get updates 24 hours. I open facebook few times in a day, I look at my news feed and that's it. I am not interested in instant updates. If it had been twitter, I might have considered switching, but its not gonna happen for facebook. Staying online is an good thing, so that people can ping you, whenever they want to talk to you, but for that I have got messenger, why would anyone want to compromise their home screen?

P.S: I am seeing a lot of negative vibe about facebook recently. I guess people need to understand facebook is a great product. It is not FB that is wasting your time, it's YOU!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I would when used the way it was meant to be used By the creator of Facebook No one can outbeat it

But I would think people be a little more sensible on the stuff they post in social networks That is where we fail. The product as such is par excellence in its own way.

This regard I hold even with this newbie of FB no point in arguing should I use it or not use it. If you can restrict your time in FB go for it Else chuck it
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    An android phone has multiple home screens. eg. Google now will take one homescreen. So FB taking another home screen is not really detrimental to Google. People who like news, have news feed in their homescreen; people who like FB, will have FB homescreen.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sometimes common sense is not common and the obvious is overlooked. Here are 26 Time Management Hacks I Wish I'd Known at 20 as enunciated by Etienne Garbugli, Product Design...
Boeing 787 airships were grounded a few weeks ago following the discovery of problem in the aircraft's battery system. In the first year of its service, at least four 787s...
I want to know how the artificial intelligent become integrated or can improve more automation systems and machine that build in automatic way Display screen, solar cells, lithium ion batteries,...
hi. .one of My frnd studyin B.E,he need some ideas to do a miniproject😀 so pls pls suggest some ideas for this. N he wanna do a project on "life...
Dear friends, Now i am doing M.E- Computer Integrated Manufacturing in PSG College of Technology , Coimbatore. Further i like to do Ph.D in USA. Please suggest some Universities based...