Will Windows & Nokia will benefit after Apple patent infringement Case on Samsung ?

As we know Apple won patent infringement case over Samsung, and Smartphone World is surely going to change in recent time. The manufacturing of Samsung S3, Ace series, I9100 & even tablets are Interrupted in major countries,The US$2 Billion loss won't kill samsung for sure, but this case will bring change in mobile world.What I think is surely the Patent system is broken. Apple is afraid of "Green Droid,The Android" for sure. That Green bug is hard enough to eat out Apple all alone 😉

Anyways coming back to point, Do you think Nokia & Windows smartphones will rise as winners ?
I have always supported F/OSS movement, & again a thought comes in my mind, If Nokia Launches Symbian as Open-Source, this can be dawn of Nokia Smartphone. This is perfect time for both Windows & Nokia to come up.If Nokia & Windows won't come up with any new ideas, surely the "Opportunity lost".

Any thoughts CEans ??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My opinion: Nope. Samsung is still in the race and they've devices in all difference categories. Windows 8 is new and I personally believe Windows 8 will make it big on the desktop/tablet side than on the smartphones. Microsoft's Surface is already a nice device and I like what they're doing with it: trying to control hardware and software both.

Nokia and RIM have had their own chance. RIM would have made it big had they not stuck to the physical keyboards while the world was adopting the touchscreens. Nokia, I believe totally missed the Android ship and Windows is yet to 'prove' itself in the markets. Just having a great software may not always give us a new winner. If that was true; Windows (desktop) would have never made it big.

Ultimately, it's the DEV community that's going to be influential in the success of these hardware+software platforms. If the devs adopt Windows; we may see Nokia coming into the picture. But it's going to be quite difficult for Nokia; they are nowhere to be seen in the smartphones segment.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"Shodha 2k12" is a National Level Technical Fest organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering of Sree Chaitanya College of Engineering, Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh on 21st & 22nd September, 2012. Last...
give some suggestions for naming symposium and events names
"Sakshama 2012" is a annual National Level Technical Fest organized by School of Mechanical Engineering, Sastra University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu on 28th & 29th September, 2012. Events: Aqua-Missile(water rocketry) Boat...
Am in my Mech., 3rd year. My mates started preparing for GATE exams. But am interested in doing IES. But I know that IES is much tougher than GATE. But...
Before Oct 8th, Windows release Microsoft has unveiled the new Logo after 25 Years (The existing logo is continuing since 1987). This time in place of italicized color boxes, the...