Will iPad kill Kindle?

The newly launched iPad, the tablet offers much more than book reading as compared to the Kindle. No matter how many people have bought Kindle (Amazon says there are millions of Kindle customers), the iPad has the ability to throw Kindle out of business.

iPad offers more and its beautiful and is available only for $499. What do you think? Will iPad kill Kindle?

Replies

• cooltwins
    cooltwins
    though people do consider ipad a let down in many ways,it is sure to give kindle a run for its money.

and people have gone crazy with the apple stuff of late and just can't wait to swipe their credit cards to buy what looks like the next craze.

but one will have to wait to see how exactly things shape out.😀
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    yes very true, ipad may not revolutionize the tablet market but it sure will end up ruining kindle. for a little more price a person gets a better version of kindle and a lot more in an ipad.

though a new version kindle is expected late next month with better lcd screen and a small screen for browsing net i believe. but ipad has got the baby killed before it could leave its mother's womb 😛
  • callyD
    callyD
    I think that the iPad will at least take a considerable percent of the market from Amazon's Kindle.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The question is; do those who just want to read ebooks need more features? I doubt that I will be using either device, but Kindle's 1-2 weeks battery life will be useful for those extended outings.

iPad may have many features, but its restricted software will not really allow it to live up to its true potential. However, what will be interesting is how Apple's A4 chip pans out in the future.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    @ ash
    my uncle is a businessman in the US and is a daily commuter. He carries a HP netbook for internet surfing and some light work and kindle for reading ebooks. He is now looking for iPad to be out so that he can carry only one small stuff instead of 2.
    there are thousands like him who will prefer combining their work on a single platform

iPad is rumoured to be getting a webcam, a better battery, multitasking support among other improvements in its later edition later in the year. those will really eat the netbook and kindle's market
  • sbscetferozpur
    sbscetferozpur
    i think his is true because ipad is a better option as compared to kindle..
    and its is more beutiful as well and cheap

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: IBM Research | Ponder This | December 2009 challenges Let x be a 25-bit number, such that Πi=110(x&mi) is a nontrivial integer power (nk, n and k are integers,...
Source: IBM Research | Ponder This | January 2010 challenges Present a computation whose result is 5, being a composition of commonly used mathematical functions and field operators (anything from...
if D.C. supply of two positive terminals gifven to the D.C. motor, what action takes place ?
Hi everybody, I have a GPS module which is connected to my PC through Serial Port. Using VB 2008 Express Edition, data received from my GPS model can be displayed...
hello.. do we have devices which implement the concept of virtual ground for there various operations. like i know about opamp-741IC, do we hav ny other Ic or ny other...