Wide-range input Flyback converter

Hey there,
I need help for designing a wide range input flyback. I looked for active clamp trick but i'm totally lost. Need more simple information. =)
I have to design a 7 to 55V input, 10-15-12V (0.75-0.5-1A) [3 out] output flyback. It's a small flyback but it doesnt work when you just design it easy way. Airgapped core doesn't work neighter. Duty cycle is very very low for 55V input situation.

I'm calling the gods of Power!

Thanks for help!

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    I am not sure if you have already tried it. But, why don't you look into Design softwares provided by Power Integrations/International Rectifier. Usually for Flyback designs the Manufacturer of Switching IC that you would use provides a PC based design software. It can do everything from choosing the right Switch IC, to the complete transformer design.

Of course its very difficult to do simulations for Air-core transformers !!😒

-Karthik
  • AkK
    AkK
    Thanks for help!
    I didn't check these softwares before. I tried some other but they gave me very little dutycycle for 55V operation so it won't work.

I'm gonna check these websites. I looked a bit but i should look deeper. 😛
  • AkK
    AkK
    I checked these tools but they are not useful i think. Free versions are dumb.

Any more help?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm Siddhant and pursuing B.Tech (3rd yr-EIE) from Kolkata. I want o make my career in web technology and so I am looking for training in web technology from a...
Hello Everyone over here..I'm Siddhant from kolkata. Presently I'm pursuing my B.Tech degree in Instrumentation department (3rd yr). I want to make my career in web development but I don't...
i declared a array of pointer *nm[10]; in class and i need to input data in it and dynamically allocate memory for this and also i have to show the...
Want to know everything about how to become an Army officer , This comprehensive 'Insiders' guide will show every step of the way. Visit
Hi, I can't access Chillax : Chit - Chat from my office because of the some company policies. I think it's because this forum heading contains the "Chat " word....