Why when p copper=p core maximum efficiency occurs for the transformer?

maximum efficiency occurs when p copper = p core why?

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    • Condition for maximum efficiency of transformer can be obtained by differentiating the efficiency equation of the transformer with respect to the load factor
    • load factor can be defined as the ratio of operating load of transformer by full load of transformer
    By solving, we get
    P core loss = square of load factor *pcopper loss
    From the above equation it can be defined as the maximum efficiency of the transformer occurs at a load factor at which the iron losses is equal to copper losses.
    The efficiency of the transformer changes with the load . The efficiency of the transformer will be maximum at certain load when the copper losses is equal to the core losses i.e, maximum efficiency of the transformer will be attained when the copper losses at particular load should be equal to the no load losses.
  • aleem293
    aleem293
    prove the maximum efficiency of the transformer... Reply plz

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BMW has designed a new mouse for Gaming. It is presented at CES 2012. The collaboration of BMW's DesignworksUSA and Thermaltake is really doing pioneering work in designing field. BMW...
Durdu Guney, Asst professor at Michigan Institute of Technology is on the verge of inventing Superlens which can resolve objects and make them visible. It has resolving power to see...
From theory we know lower Centre of Gravity and a wider base improves stability. My question is, do you know other ways of improving the stability of an object. I...
Ford has chose Scout app developed by Telenav for personalized navigation. The app enables hands free service along with many other facilities to the driver. Check out more of this...
If there is no gravity in space then how do astronauts attend their natural calls?