CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Marwano • 09 Jan, 2012
maximum efficiency occurs when p copper = p core why?
@aarthivg • 09 Jan, 2012
  • Condition for maximum efficiency of transformer can be obtained by differentiating the efficiency equation of the transformer with respect to the load factor
  • load factor can be defined as the ratio of operating load of transformer by full load of transformer
By solving, we get
P core loss = square of load factor *pcopper loss
From the above equation it can be defined as the maximum efficiency of the transformer occurs at a load factor at which the iron losses is equal to copper losses.
The efficiency of the transformer changes with the load . The efficiency of the transformer will be maximum at certain load when the copper losses is equal to the core losses i.e, maximum efficiency of the transformer will be attained when the copper losses at particular load should be equal to the no load losses.
@aleem293 • 21 Nov, 2013 prove the maximum efficiency of the transformer... Reply plz
3.5k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 8, 2013

A European or An European, A European University or An European University - What is the correct English usage? Let's discuss!
6.2k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Sep 8, 2015

All you BSNL Landline Broadband owners must be excited to hear the news from the telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on how BSNL has redefined broadband in India by offering...
4.1k views

@shibi raj · May 5, 2013

Friends, How does Track ID works. How they are matching the songs? Which database they are using?
8.7k views

@Pranav Kathale · Oct 13, 2010

I have new Micromax MMX 300C EVDO modem from BSNL. It works perfectly in windows platform. Username (cdma) & password (cdma) is also correct which allows to connect to internet....
13k views

@VIJAYSY · Oct 6, 2012

When I try to open wireless network connection's property it shows a message that :windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile specific error:the data is invalid. Please help...
24.8k views