Why to become an entrepreneur?

I have been thinking constantly about this topic for a few monts. And I am sure most of you must have thought about it once in a lifetime. Can we mention reasons why/ why not should we try a hand at business?

For me? May be I want to have a small start up whether successful or not in next 10-15 years

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    my industrial ideas are so big so i can't start it because if i get losses there becomes many problems
    may be if i get some experiences i will start a company
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @NM: Never start a big business, even Bill Gates started small, Mark Zukerberg. Even Biggie has started small.

-> Rule number one. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Always start small so that even if you fail you can get back in to another one.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A simple rule in entrepreneurship (especially for those who have no background in business) is to think big but start small. It's helped me to get over the initial hurdles and even when you make mistakes, you don't have much to lose.

Can we mention reasons why/ why not should we try a hand at business?
    I've believed entrepreneurs are born, not made. It's all about genetic programming that takes over your mind that you want to be on your own and also get a chance to make a positive contribution to other's lives. Maybe we can come up with a list of ideas on why one should become an entrepreneur. For me, it was gaining 'control' over my own destiny than letting my stupid manager decide how much salary I make and how quickly I rise in the corporate hierarchy. Plus, I knew that I'd only be happy if I did something I really love to make a living.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    My ideas are a job oriented person chooses job because he does not want risks. He wants stability. However, the things are opposite.

It is not the businessman who gives job stability to employee but it is the employee who gives job stability to a businessman.
    -Ishan Topre
    @Everyone: Think about this line, deeply.

Who do you want to become? An employee do not believe potential in himself and is satisfied in his salary. Pathetic. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Which job offers stability? Stability is a myth. Also I'm not sure why people associate 'risk' with business. It's a simple and planned execution of tasks. There are positives and negatives associated with being an entrepreneur or an employee.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Exactly. Aptly said Biggie. Every work is filled with a risk. An employee fears of losing his job, a businessman fears of losing some business. But in between these fears why not work for ourselves than working for someone else for a meager salary? Why not strive for ourselves than to work in a shift for someone else?

If I get $50,000 as salary per month and I get $1 as a business profit, that $1 would give me more satisfaction.

Speaking for myself, I would no doubt do a job let us say for 5-7 years but only to get some experience. What about you friends?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If I get $50,000 as salary per month and I get $1 as a business profit, that $1 would give me more satisfaction.
    Seriously?
  • Reya
    Reya

Wondering by seeing this line!!

Do you think work experience is required to start a business??
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @ Biggie: Seriously I mean it. However if I will start a business my profit won't be limited to $1. At least I can get $2 ๐Ÿ˜ . The point I want to tell should be taken in spirit and not in letter.

@Praveena: Either you can make mistakes in your initial years and learn or you can take experience and then start a business.

For Capital intensive you should have an experience. Meanwhile you can get good contacts for starting a business.

For non capital intensive you can always have a chance of getting back even after you suffer losses, you have nothing to lose. For example a website.

However exception always prevails. My uncle first did a business, then failed. He did a job, lost it. He never said die. He is again now on his feet with non capital intensive business. He is one of the founders of "Pergo technologies", a small start up in software sector.

I may be wrong at places, please correct me. Also share your points. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans! I am a 2nd year(3rd semester) student in the CSE department at NIT(National Institute of Technology). I am very confused about some learning topics. My current technical knowledge...
Hi everyone, am new here and also in electrical/electronics field. I hav the dis strong desire in designing electronic hardware and also networking but i rily don't kw where 2...
can any one suggests me a innovative project on concrete plz,its very urjent...
Hi my name is daniel and a student in electrical/electronics engineering i was browsing through google for electrical forums that where i discovered this site. . And i hope 2...
hello guy's Check this link Google Latitude Actually using this app we can able to trace the caller.Anybody have idea how this can be done in java ?