CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@SheldonCooper • 18 Jan, 2012
I mean what is 'reflected' in the gray code. I know that in the gray codes, the next or previous number changes only in one bit if compared with current number. I want the meaning of reflection here.
@nareshkumar6539 • 19 Jan, 2012 • 4 likes Gray Code is Unit distance,Cyclic and Reflective.For one variable gray code is simply 0 and 1
,for two variables gray code is 00,01,11,10,if we observe the any two consecutive numbers there should be only one bit is changing so gray code is unit distance.For writing gray code for 2 variables first write graycode for 1 varible ( i.e 0 and 1) in vertically
(Step1)
gray code is reflective means write the mirror image of the above one
(Step2)
gray code is cyclic means for the above first half numbers attach 0(Step3)
and remaing half numbers attach 1 (Step4)
then it will give gray code for 2 variables.
in the above step 1,2,3 and 4 represent in red ,green,blue and Pink colors consecutively.
@SheldonCooper • 21 Jan, 2012 Thanks. Coloring is very descriptive.😀
@Bindu Chitrachedu • 14 Dec, 2018 • 1 like

Thank you very much.

6.5k views

Related Posts

@Guneet Khanuja · Sep 8, 2014

Vedantu is an EdTech company founded by Vamsi Krishna, Saurabh Saxena and Pulkit Jain, all IITians who are also teachers. Vamsi Krishna completed his B.Tech from IIT Bombay in the...
6.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 1, 2014

As summer is fast approaching, thousands of engineering students in India are looking for opportunities in MNCs to apply for a position of a summer intern. While it might seem...
4.8k views

@imgopi · Aug 25, 2013

Hi friends am a student of University of Adelaide, Australia. I need one innovative non technical seminar topic like Solar powered Catamaran, Automatic Car parking System. Please give me your...
15.3k views

@pratap singh, upendra · Jun 4, 2013

hello friends, We all are aware that the gate current in the IGFET(insulated gate field effect transistor) is always zero owing to the oxide coating present between the gate and...
3.2k views

@Saijayadeep · Dec 23, 2013

Hello CEans,One or the other time we come across good websites to practice aptitude,verbal,English and generally asked competitive questions(Written Test)..shall we make a list of the websites that will help...
39.6k views