WHY LESS INVOLVEMENT OF GIRLS IN AUTOMOBILE FIELD ???

HI guys!!!! it is a general discussion !!!!! i am doing automobile engineering in chennai!!!
i like the course very much but i have one serious doubt that why girls involment in my department is less ... infact to say there is no girls itself in my class !!!!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Chit-Chat section. There's a perception (I think) that mechanical engineers have to do a lot of physical work, which might make them not take up mechanical engineering. These days, even the mining and metallurgy engineers are opting for software jobs, which is quite a fancy job for many.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    BalajiMaghadevan
    HI guys!!!! it is a general discussion !!!!! i am doing automobile engineering in chennai!!!
    i like the course very much but i have one serious doubt that why girls involment in my department is less ... infact to say there is no girls itself in my class !!!!
    Same question by opposite gender for their opposite sex was popped by NIFTians, "Why we've so less boys here?" And the some amount of boys that are here, why are they so "dostana" type ? 😁 😛
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    #-Link-Snipped-# in my branch also we are 3 girls only and that too after 4 years..

But I think now more girls come to take this field both as a good chance and also as a challenge to do something different from others (in my case I didn't want to go to typical IT field so I landed with this different choice and I enjoy my studies)..

#-Link-Snipped-# I agree that mechanical field involves lot of physical work which would be quite tough for girls but now-a-days, the advancement of softwares like CAD, CAM has attracted girls towards this field to get some office work rather than field job..
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    according to me, mechanical engineering is only the game of persons having mind to understand things deeply....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sweet_honey
    #-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-# I agree that mechanical field involves lot of physical work which would be quite tough for girls but now-a-days, the advancement of softwares like CAD, CAM has attracted girls towards this field to get some office work rather than field job..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    The_Big_K
    I said it's a perception that mechanical & automobile engineering involves a lot of 'on the field' work. But most of the systems are getting automated and mech/auto engineers can definitely get into design related jobs. I think it's just a matter of time we'll see more women getting into real, hardcore mech/auto stuff that requires lot of physical work. The trends are changing.
    dear i am just kidding.............. i know that girls also have capability to do good............. and yes they can do better even that boys...............

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai, This is Bharathidasan from Puducherry, India would like to have good experience
I need this info regarding my friend, who is a 2012 pass-out, in Computer Science. He wants to know how does one become a lecturer after BTech. He is even...
i want to create to create pc suite using java. already i know have nokia pc suite there. but i want to make some automation send sms and some extra...
Engineering team at Brigham Young University (BYU) have found that the sound of rain can help determining the overall health of the bridge. The engineers call the method, impact-echo testing...
Can anybody help me where I can get Magic voice calling for Micromax X600 model. It helps to change our voice while calling to others...