Why is Candy Crush Game so Addictive?

A friend told me - "Oh, so you haven't heard of Candy Crush game on Android yet? ..What world do you live in?" and out of sheer curiosity I installed the app and started playing it. Out of nowhere I realized that now I am at Level 137 and I still think about playing it when I am free. A lot of friends are talking about it and there have been numerous articles online that say why Candy Crush is so addictive. Interestingly, people should know that it was made to be this way. In an article in 'Candy Crush': The Science Behind Our Addiction | TIME.com, top reasons about the Candy Crush features are shared that make it so irrestible.

Here's asking fellow engineers - Why do you think are games as simple as Candy Crush so addictive?

Replies

• Igneta D'Souza
    Igneta D'Souza
    Its the graphics and animation that attracts me and also the increase in difficulty level. It also creates a competition among users as to who reaches the maximum level.๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This post is specially for the engineer geeks and nerds among us, who can see the humorous side of the people who call themselves engineers. Let us share our thoughts...
If your IT company does not assign you a project, you will be on-bench. This can be very risk for your career. Updated advice on how to deal with this situation.
Firefox OS, uBuntu mobile OS, Nokia's Jolla, Samsung's Tizen and the next version of the established operating systems like iOS, Android and Windows - which do you think is the...
This thread is created out of curiosity. The question is whom will you vote in General elections next year. Just mention the name of party (without any negative comment for...
Hi, Is there any way to redirect localhost to always redirect to 127.0.0.1 when i type localhost ?? OS: Windows 8 32bit Test Server: WAMP Purpose: Testing Magento. and Admin...