Why handset cord (of landlines) is always curly?

I observed that the handset cord of landlines are always culrly and the mounting cords are always straight.
Is there any special reason so that the handset cords are curly?
If not are there any places where they sell straight telephone wires?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The coiling provides a low tension springiness to minimise tangling. In India in the early days there used to be a straight cord, which used to become a tangled mess very quickly.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    gwendollen
    I observed that the handset cord of landlines are always culrly and the mounting cords are always straight.
    I think they are made curly so as to make those extendable to some distance.😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    gwendollen
    Sir,I don't understand.Are you saying that the straight cords are more tangled than today's cords?
    Those are Knots and they are designed in such a way to allow easier untangling of wire

These Twisted coils have a property that allows easy extension of chords when you are talking.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    gwendollen
    i think if we use a straight wire then it is same as to tight with the phone when we use it and if the straight wire of same length of curled one the it is very hard to handle it so to increase our easyness we use the curled wires on telephones.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A while back we saw Microsoft trying to revive its Surface franchise of tablets with the introduction of an updated OS and new hardware. Even before Nokia was acquired by...
Nokia has launched three new smartphones in the Nokia Asha series today with Nokia Asha 500, Asha 502 and Asha 503 at the Nokia World in Abu Dhabi. The Asha...
today's app developing world is it secure to move forward as an Android/i-phone apps developer or must have some extra skill set with that needed?
Nokia World conference at Abu Dhabi today saw the addition of two super sized six inch phones to the Windows Phone 8 ecosystem. The Nokia Lumia 1520 and Nokia Lumia...
i am curious to learn iOS app development but i dont have a macBook PC ? how hard would it be for me ? what domain of problems might i...