Why does your company exist?

I was reading an article in the Economic Times that Indian software major Infosys is considering hiring an Israeli consultancy firm to help boost its revenues by removing the bottlenecks in operations. When a company goes public - it makes a lot of money to its shareholders and gives the company the capital boost to grow.

The question is - why do many companies exist?

But do companies only exist to make the shareholders richer? From one point - a company like Infosys continues to make software for its clients and make revenues and profits. From other point - it's already achieved everything it set out to do. Now it's just the numbers game for them; meaning chase for projects, hire more people, grow revenues and keep making profits.

I think it's a very fundamental question. Has anyone of you ever asked your employer; or the CEO this question?

PS: We ask ourselves the same question: Why does CrazyEngineers exist? What's the motto or purpose of our existence?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Developed by Engineered Arts Limited, SociBot-Mini is a one-of-its-kind robot that has a fully integrated LED pico projection technology with custom developed optics. In simple words, the robot features a...
hi people! I hold a BTECH degree in mechanical engg. im working in L&T currently. im looking to do MS in aerospace engg. can someone suggest gd colleges. my GPA...
Founded in August 2012, CarIQ is a Pune based hardware startup by Sagar Apte. CarIQ helps make cars smarter by allowing the car and the driver to take decisions related...
can anyone tell me .....how to create online fm using my music playlist using wifihotspot ?
Gionee Elife S5.5 phablet has been officially launched in India. We covered the phone's features and specs ahead of MWC 2014, earlier this year. Proudly carrying the title of 'World's...