Why does a motor take 1 ampere when current passes through auxiliary contacts, whereas it takes 10 ampere?

motor takes 1 ampere when current passes through auxiliary contacts it takes 10 ampere why?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

The question is not clear. A sketch of the circuit may help.

• Kumar Sahoo
    Kumar Sahoo

A single phase  1 HP motor connected  with a DOL starter which  having  2 push buttons one is start(green) another one is stop (red). As per the  principle  of W= √3VIcosΦ the motor should take 1.48amps but it's taking  10 Amp.  How? 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

In a single phase motor, W= VxIx cos(phi).

Full load current of a 1 hp induction motor will be about 8 amps taking into account power factor.

You seem to be taking the formula for the single phase current of a 1 hp three phase induction motor.

Please see here:

Electrical Motors - Full Load Amps

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My brother is in Telecom industry,  having 12+ years experience and at a package of 35+ lakh. He now wants to diversify his field in data analytics, etc.  Please suggest...
am 2nd year biomedical engineering student.i need to do intership at bhel or nearby trichy .so please suggest any industry for doing the same.thanking u
Respected madam, Am vaishnavi, pursuing my btech 3rd year, me and my friends are willing to do our internship in your company is there any possibility.?? 
Speaking of cars, in particular of the chassis, if we keep a car stopped for years, will the weight of the engine and all the components form cracks in the...
I have completed my BE in ECE stream. Can I pursue B.Ed course. If yes means which subject I can take from B.ed