Why Do You Blog?

When I see the signatures of CEans, I see links to their personal blogs. This discussion is dedicated to finding out the real reasons behind blogging? Is it just about expressing ourselves? If it is, then do you care about visitors to your blog and how many have left comments? Do you blog only because it's cool to do so? Or is there some other reason that makes you maintain your blog.

I'd also want to bring your attention to how much time you spend in creating content? Do you think a lot before you post? Do you frequently experience 'Writer's Block'?

Share your opinion ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Great question. But #-Link-Snipped-# I want to you to answer the question first. You are one of the leading bloggers and you were also praised with a Israil trip ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm a professional blogger and blog for a living ๐Ÿ˜ . I'm passionate about technology and simplifying stuff for the people. I also have a personal blog and I only write it for my own pleasures.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Initially I used to read blogs and used to comment on their blogs to share my opinion and later I thought why don't I am writing for myself. and same as #-Link-Snipped-# I only write blog for my pleasure. Its nice to write. But now a days hardly get time to write and for me it takes too much time for posting.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I wrote some times just share my view and collect some nice articles on my blog, but very less and not writing these days.
    Last year I used blogspot+Google buzz and generates revinue revenue around $1k ๐Ÿ˜ . but suddenly Google closed the Buzz and my extra earnings just passed away.๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    I wrote some times just share my view and collect some nice articles on my blog, but very less and not writing these days.
    Last year I used blogspot+Google buzz and generates revinue around $1k ๐Ÿ˜ . but suddenly Google closed the Buzz and my extra earnings just passed away.๐Ÿ˜•
    How did you use Google Buzz to generate revenue?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I made around 8k follower and throw the blog feed on Google buzz . since google buzz was showing google ads too with full post ,my post got instatly 8k feed hit and generally got more than 10 reshare and if resharing person had lots of follower I got more money.It was whole idea of one of my SEO friend.He will going to kill me, It was a secret till the date(ah!! but no problem buzz is dead now)!!!๐Ÿ˜‰.
    I am looking for similar kind of tool which shows full blog post including ads.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜€ , Great!

Anyone here wants to make blogging as a career?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I am not sure of making it a career, I am only getting serious with it now. My blog generally has posting CCNA/CCNp labs on it, thing what i tested out and whats working and what's not
    I have thought literally closed my personal blog. Personal blog in some way brings out personal stuff onto internet, and after few days I had no motive in updating it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What about other bloggers?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I've come to know about the blogs only after joining CE. I've seen the blog links in the signatures of many CEans and then I thought of creating one for me hence I created (just created) my blog. After I started my writing to participate in the CE-BlogStar contest ๐Ÿ˜ With that contet I came to know lots of good blogs of our CEans, and I started reading, writing, commenting and it was really a Great FUN ๐Ÿ˜€ And later I came to know that blogging helps us in many ways. I can write whatever I want. No one ask/question me there. I can share my frustration there and I can write even about my college, hods and my perceptions, my experiences everything and anything ๐Ÿ‘ and that was a Great Fun again ๐Ÿ˜

And later I also started writing one technical blog to share all the information/ knowledge. This is going on but I've had a comma to my personal blog now due to some reasons. I wish I can start my writing soon.

To say in a word, CE made me to Blog, I'm very happy for that.
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    The_Big_K
    What about other bloggers?
    I just started my blog about 2 months ago to share my experience in the field of IT and particularly as a Database Administrator. There are many blogs and forums which provide remedies to the problems. While I accept that is good but better would be to provide the basic knowledge of the technology, which has worked behind the solution. Hence I named my blog "Cool Database Fundas" (#-Link-Snipped-#). I started it on insistence of my students and daughter. But now I want to take blogging as my retirement job and truly speaking want to launch my own blogging site to weave together students, career counselors, parents and teachers. I am in the process of launching the site #-Link-Snipped-# which will provide career related guidance to students in the stages of K-10 through PG. And of course my purpose to launch it is to make money for my old age. However irrespective of my age, I am very new to blogging and just learning the nuances of blogging. A lot of things, only to learn from you young guys.๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to present a series of brain teaser problems collected from various sources, for the benefit of GMAT takers looking for some tougher-level questions. Here it goes the first...
Requirement priorities: processor speed Interface and apps screen size > 3.5" I have gone throught some reviews and find HTC Sensation (INR 23000 flipkart) looking best fit for me with...
Many a times I come across people, particularly fresher, who say they have / had the qualification and "trained" in the particular skills to fill a position, but they are...
Claiming that the use of DVDs is on decline on personal computers for playback, Microsoft's Windows 8 engineering team has decided to drop the support for DVD playback. Those who...
I've been stumbling upon the term 'Liquid Metal' many times these days and found out that it's a new alloy on the block that's finding growing applications in electronics, gadgets,...