Interesting Roof Structures

I am an undergraduate student studying towards an MEng degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Glasgow. As part of my 4th year dissertation I am looking into roof structures in particular where a roof has been added to pre-existing buildings to cover a public space. The reason for this is to asses options for putting a roof over Buchanan Street in Glasgow (a popular shopping location in Glasgow's city centre).

I have found one example of such a project in the Victoria Quarter in Leeds along with a few others however I was wondering if anybody knew if any similar pieces of engineering existed anywhere else in the world. Also of interest to me are any interesting/innovative roof systems in general or any good texts relating to roof systems.

Thanks in advance for any replies it would help my studies greatly.

Replies

• Mohamed Amir
    Mohamed Amir
    I remember some roof structures in an old market in Florence Italy it is like a pazar and covered with glass he is so good and huge

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When I was young I used to watch POGO.In the jukebox they play several songs repeatedly. One such song has caught my mind back then and now I suddenly felt...
Hello friends, want to know more about FTP Host and how it works. Can anyone explain it in easy way.
Can anybody tell how to make an editor in java or groovy?
Few days ago I build a new PC and wondering to get a keyboard with media-keys or not. Finally I got a plain Logitech keyboard. Then while searching to configure...
I stumbled upon DrJava which is a simple Java development environment for students. DrJava seems to be quite popular development environment for students and has reached over a million downloads...