Why civil engineers not geeting high salaries at start?

its nothing
its just bcz of upcoming growth nd so much people r doing civil engineering useleesly...
may be?...
we r nt geeting basic knowlede muchh..
just want to take number not a knowlde..

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    so you think civil engineers are "nt" "geeting" high salary ? ! eh ?

and you are not getting enough "knowlede" either eh ?

as if engineers from other branches are any better off .

i hope you got your "knowlde".
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yo buddy kindly avoid SMS language here in Forums.

One of my friend a honest and truthful sincere civil student is placed in a core company offering him nearly a lakh per month.

Do you think one lakh a month is less in your sight 😲?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Not only Civil engineers, even doctors displaying the kind of communication skill - or the lack of it - as the OP will surely not get a high salary. A skilled professional in ANY discipline will earn handsome salary.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

dude the word "civilian" does not grammatically refer to a civil engineer, but it rather means a non-soldier or a person who is not in the armed forces of any kind.

anyways i can understand your usage, and the meaning that you wished to convey
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Thanks for the clarification Buddy I took it and made the change
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

dude the word "civilian" does not grammatically refer to a civil engineer, but it rather means a non-soldier or a person who is not in the armed forces of any kind.

anyways i can understand your usage, and the meaning that you wished to convey
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, let's get the discussion back on track. First of all we'd need to check whether Civil engineers really get lower salary as compared to other engineering disciplines. From what I've seen, Civil engineers get almost the same or sometimes even higher salary than most other people. Engineers from other engineering disciplines tend to compare their salaries with those of IT professionals but I think the gap no longer exists. Junior or entry level are almost the same; I could be wrong though.

Would like to get facts & figures before we can continue this discussion in a meaningful way.
  • rama
    rama

Civil engineers do get . You just need to acquire proper skill  in your area.Rather than just focusing in the education , you should focus on acquiring skills.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As engineers, we are responsible for the well being of the world. When it comes to the well being of the on-line world; we all rely on software that protects...
Paul Buchheit CEans, We are addicted to Gmail. We eat, drink & sleep Gmail. So we began our hunt for the engineer who created it. We found out that the...
He has been there, done that. He got into engineering college but dropped out after 3 semesters. He sold vacuum cleaners door to door and later went on to shape...
"Thinking big" is a passé now. You have to think mega. And when it comes to thinking mega, no body does like Mr. Baker! Partner in charge of Structural and...
When engineering goes beyond the obvious and breaks the boundaries, we call it Crazy Engineering - the engineering that changes the world. Turns dreams into realities. Makes the impossible, possible....