Why can't India have its own 'patriotic hackers'?

Bangalore: Revelations by Canadian investigators that a cyber spy ring based in China specifically targeted India's defence establishment are expected to set off a major cyber security overhaul by New Delhi.
Privileged information suggests the Indian government could seriously consider creating the position of a cyber security czar whose mandate would be to fundamentally overhaul cyber security and bring the currently fragmented networks under a clearly defined structure

Read more :-
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    what do you think guys ?Do we have? and if yes then can they expect any kind of help from Indian Government
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe India lacks people with advance computing knowledge whom the government can hire as hackers/security experts?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    The_Big_K
    Maybe India lacks people with advance computing knowledge whom the government can hire as hackers/security experts?
    I dont think so....India has a large number of security experts(hackers to be more specific).The reason may be some protocol or some policies of government.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I agree with peeyush it is not true that India is lacking experts,The major reason is our Government policies.

Even Chinese can not show so much dare to get them involved in such activities, until and unless they get support from their Government

In india if some one tries to tries hack some other country computer then our own government will be the first one to take action against him ,but not in china like countries because People of that country know that we have full support of our country so who can stop us?

so it is high time India should think upon their policies to fight against this
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Is this the first time INDIAN defence was attacked? I don't think so. We have had similar attacks from other neighbours as well. The worst part being we did not know it and again US had to inform us. We don't seem to be vigilant enough to keep an eye on these 'external affairs' -given the huge amount of internal affairs for what we put up most of the efforts into.
    Cyder security needs to take form as one of the sections or main parts of defence - which will help us have constant eye on 'confidential' things
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Even India's most famous Hacker, Ankit Fadia's own website was hacked by Pakistani Hackers Association. Hacking is not understood by many people. It requires deep knowledge of computer systems and security holes. By the way, we are talking about 'cracking' here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft has finally unveiled its project 'pink'; that says 'Its time to share'. The company has launched its new social phone called Kin. The phone comes in two versions, Kin1...
I have short listed some topics for mini project in dsp,please tell me which among them would be a better topic 1.acoustic echo cancellation 2.speech coding with linear predictive coding...
i m a B tech in cse. actually i was unable to clear just one paper of my 3sem bcoz of that i hav to wait for 1 year coz...
Here in India the mentality among parents is that if their child doesn't get good marks in his/her board exams then they will not get admission in a good college...
Passwords can be a key to many things, for example your emails, your Facebook profile, or your bank account. Did you know that some people still use passwords like “password”...