Who's Still Using Windows XP? Why?

Just curious to know how may CEans are still using Windows XP and what's the main reason they haven't migrated to higher version of the operating system or switched entirely to some other OS? The reason could be anything - social, financial, personal, technical. Just post your reasons below.

PS: I do see a ton of visitors using XP OS.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I do see a ton of visitors using XP OS.
    And,How can you see it ? ๐Ÿ˜จ

Is there any built-in system in CE server which gives you details of user's system & it's configuration ? #Curious
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    And,How can you see it ? ๐Ÿ˜จ

Is there any built-in system in CE server which gives you details of user's system & it's configuration ? #Curious
    I didn't see anything.

cat

By the way you should clean up your room. It's totally messy. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jokes apart, the web analytics service (Google Analytics) gives me an overall distribution of OS, Browser combination, screen size etc. Useful while designing layouts and introducing new features.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am using Windows XP. Because for embedded development there are many tools which might not supporting in windows 7 or vista very well.

So we are stick to XP. And I'm loving it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    I am using Windows XP. Because for embedded development there are many tools which might not supporting in windows 7 or vista very well.

So we are stick to XP. And I'm loving it. ๐Ÿ˜€
    You can call me "Fanboi" but you should try Fedora for Embedded System.
    I recently chatted with the most reputed Embedded Systems & Embedded Linux professor & he suggested me that Opensource environment is very very helpful for any type of Embedded Engineer.

I am planning to meet him again, once my end-sem exams gets over.
    This man is awesome.Very rare breed!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    You can call me "Fanboi" but you should try Fedora for Embedded System.
    I recently chatted with the most reputed Embedded Systems & Embedded Linux professor & he suggested me that Opensource environment is very very helpful for any type of Embedded Engineer.

I am planning to meet him again, once my end-sem exams gets over.
    This man is awesome.Very rare breed!
    Yes, But still there are lot of tools which are not developed for Linux yet. And as some of your work is running you can not switch your tools. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Softwares for linux in ES and other tools are little hard to get find as most are in developmental stages

But other than that no reason I see in using XP
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am using XP. Because i am a tester and my application should be compatible with windows xp, and windows7. I have admin rights in win xp so that i can install chrome and access CE ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has admitted that the Samsung Galaxy S4 has Wi-Fi connection issue. Several users are reporting that Galaxy S4 cannot establish connection with D-Link routers. Staying connected to wireless connection...
What we proudly call the 'King of Small Cars', the company that has been selling the most number of passenger cars in India for decades is now foraying into something...
In India there are many companies represent them self as Direct Selling Companies, like Amway,RMP, Dolphin etc. They shows big money ,good future, luxury in this business. but some of...
Though not on the day one, but Google I/O has now been able to tell us enough about Google Glasses, so that we can all go ga-ga over them. Launching...
Greetings reader! This is Nayan Goenka, an evolving Software Security Engineer and I just got off on some ideas about the type of security we are gonna have around us...