which type of motor is used in fan??

is it a single phase motor or three phase motor.........and why??

Replies

• pknaveen17
    pknaveen17
    Domestic power is A.C. in nature and so two types of motor can be used 1-Synchronous Motor and 2-Induction motor.
    Since Synchronos Motor can not be used because it runs at constant speed so Induction motor is used.
  • Arp
    Arp
    in domestic fans only capacitor run motor single phase used now. previously it was split phase single phase induction motor
    synchronous not used in fans as speed control not easy for it
  • sisir47
    sisir47
    thanx....😀
  • crazymunda
    crazymunda
    its capacitor start capacitor run induction motor
  • Arp
    Arp
    its not capacitor start capacitor run its only capacitor run motor.
    we cant afford centrifugal switch in fan so c start c run not possible at all
    and certainly we even dont need it..
  • crazymunda
    crazymunda
    yes you are correct and sorry for providing wrong information.
    Thanks!!
  • crazymunda
    crazymunda
    please tell which motor is used in pump drive,
    kiln drive of cement mills,
    rolling mill drives and
    electric traction.
  • naveee
    naveee
    which type of single phase induction motor is used in fan ??? and which type is used in motor pump .....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am fresher and have 61% in btech(cse)... till now i was not recruited .so,i am planning to join in talent sprint and the fee cost is 50k ... can...
I don’t want to write any introduction here. Do you think I am bored or I am tired to write? Nah, Actually this man doesn’t need any introduction. You all...
Where to go for training in 8th semester of b.tech with placement opportunity?
Hey guys.. Am doing my final year project on al & Mg welding.... Can any one suggest me a Mg alloy with best weldability in general or in specific with...
Dot Scot Registry is a non-profit venture to establish and operate a new top level Internet domain of '.scot' for the worldwide family of Scots. Mr Neil added: "DotScot will...