which suspension is better?

what is the difference between horizontal suspension and any other type of vertical suspension?
why horizontal suspension is preferred in formula car over other suspension?

Replies

• juma1987
    juma1987
    Its an interesting question! I want to know the same, actually i work in a railroad company and i realised that passenger wagons have horizontal suspension and heavy duty wagons have vertical ones, ill try to find an answer!! ☕
  • gohm
    gohm
    It would totally depend on the application as to which form would be better. F1 requires compact, lightweight, low, aerodynamic design that does not require large travel distance of suspension as say offroad racing would.
  • vaibhav kr.
    vaibhav kr.
    gohm
    It would totally depend on the application as to which form would be better. F1 requires compact, lightweight, low, aerodynamic design that does not require large travel distance of suspension as say offroad racing would.
    So is it that horizontal suspension is there in formula cars just to make it compact and have less travel.
    Does it have an easier construction than others?
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    so the only advantage is the compact size? I know it provide a more confortable traveling with less size than a long spring suspension, anything more? (sorry about my english :shifty😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

dear all CEans! is there any simple calculation or some kind of a software to calculate heat load of building? if any one can share info or link to any...
I have planned to do a project on image processing.can I do both face recognition and fingerprint recognition? or only one project at a time? If so can you guide...
I have planned to do a project on image processing. Can i do both face recognition and fingerprint recognition? or i can only do one of them? could you please...
Like remote sensors to open a car/ detect a car theft, do we have any thing like a mobile finder( same on grounds of key finder)??? or infact laptop finder?...
Hii everyone! well i am an IT professional . searching for new topics for doing industry oriented mini projects . presently persuing my btech 2 year. can any one say...