Which player to use ?

Hi friends,

As i want to learn Visual basic .Net i downloaded "how do i..." videos from msdn site ,now the file downloaded is in .wmv format but i am not able to play it in any of player i am able to get video but no audio.

I tried playing that file in Windows media player,Windows classic player,vlc player,gom player .

pls suggest some player in which i can play this file with audio.

Thank's

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    on Real player...
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    real player is good, as well as the codec player
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    Thanks buddy .

But having same problem with real player also (no audio :-some codec is missing and i am not able to find that codec).
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    try codec player faizaan
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    faizaan
    Thanks buddy .

But having same problem with real player also (no audio :-some codec is missing and i am not able to find that codec).
    Check this -> #-Link-Snipped-#

Its a codec pack. Hope, it helps.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    try kmplayer, its the best player I have ever seen, plays all type of video files
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    k little pack & km palyer both are best!!
  • moonfalsh
    moonfalsh
    Better proceed your site in mozila firefox and instal addons and take it in .mp4 format with quality and can be played in players like vlc, mediaplayer classic, etc.,

the addon name is "video download helper". Just try it my friend.
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    Thank you all.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    VLC Player is The Best... It plays almost all the formats... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    I tried vlc,real,windows media,k-lite codec,km players. I could not open a video file of .wmv format ๐Ÿ˜”
    Is it a particular file you got problem with? Coz, virtually anything will be played by VLC... Do one thing... Open the file in notepad and see if you can see any AVI or MPG tag in the starting, ๐Ÿ˜ else, it would be some other file... ๐Ÿ˜
  • Reya
    Reya
    The file is too large to open in notepad ๐Ÿ˜”
    Try wordpad then... Or, use some Hex Editor to find the signature of the file and post it here... First few bytes... What is the size of the file btw? ๐Ÿ˜
    Install Free Hex Editor: Fastest Binary File Editing Software. Freeware. Windows and say the first few bytes... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    Here is the screen shot!!

[โ€‹IMG][/IMG]
    This is not a video file at all... It looks like an MP3 file, but no tag too!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Try renaming the file as .divx and play with DivX Player... May be that might help you!
  • yoginavale
    yoginavale
    VLC , Real Player for axxo files
    Codec Player for Cdec files.....๐Ÿ˜€
    aXXo now in its name, fake files are released... So be careful about that... It might ask us to download some player kinda stuff to play, but they won't work... They are malware!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    Yeah VlC plays almost all the formats.
    Another one I came across is, GomPlayer, which is also similar to VLC. Try it too... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have applied in job sites like naukri,monster,shine,freshersworld,as well as applied directly in some sites like(tcs, infosys,ibm,microsoft, otherbig companies as well some of small companies). job sites like naurki only...
most of the member here are employed, and someother member may be HR, someother may be entrepreneur, you must have some interview experience, post it here ,,, Let our juniors...
Can I use Visual Studio (or any other IDE) to compile programs on a netbook? Will it be very slow to write and compile programs on it? Is buying a...
Vista Start Menu File Size: 2378 Vista Start Menu--which actually works with both Vista and XP--puts all of your programs and important folders within easy reach, so that you can...
CREATE PROCEDURE MyMarriage BrideGroom Male (25) , Bride Female(20) AS BEGIN SELECT Bride FROM india_ Brides WHERE FatherInLaw = 'Millionaire' AND Count(Car) > 20 AND HouseStatus ='ThreeStoreyed' AND BrideEduStatus IN...