which of the following is true

Sir / Madam,
My questions is,

At the end of year 1998, Shepard bought nine dozen goats. Henceforth, every year he added p% of the goats at the beginning of the year and sold q% of the goats at the end of the year where p>0 and q>0. If Shepard had nine dozen goats at the end of year 2002, after making the sales for that year, which of the following is true?

[1] p = q
[2] p < q
[3] p > q
[4] p = q/2

Advance Thanks,
R.Rengaraj
{InfosysTrain-Q105 Pg26}

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    p > q!!

Is this correct?
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    Sir,
    I don't have the answer/solution with me.
    R.Rengaraj
  • tdave
    tdave
    rengaraj
    Sir,
    I don't have the answer/solution with me.
    R.Rengaraj
    How can you don't have the answer for that ?

Yes the answer is:
    p > q
  • sherya mathur
    sherya mathur
    answer: the option (iii) p>q will be the right answer
    explanation:
    nine dozen The number of goats will remain nine dozen the same as in the beginning only If the percentage that is added every time is equal to the percentage that is sold,
    then there should be a net decrease. The same will be the case if the percentage added is less than the percentage sold.
    The only way, the number of goats will remain the same is if p > q.
  • Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    heloo.....

i think the answer is p>q.......
    otherwise how can the no of goats remain the same??๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is one of the best optical illusions i have seen. I still find it hard to beieve those two squares are the same color even with the proof! Uncanny...
hello...i am a student of electronics tele communication(3rd year)....i need a topic for paper presentation.I know some topics like RECENT TRENDS IN WIRELESS COMMUNICATION SYSTEM,4G technology,fibre optics..but i am confused...
i am a student of elecronics tele communication...i need a mini project idea
YCCE [Yashavantrao Chavan College Of Engineering] is organizing YCCEFEST during the last week of January 2010. I look forward to lot of interesting updates from the organizers of YCCE Fest.
CEans, Let's compile a list of job sites you'd recommend. Please list your favorite job site in the following format: Country: Site Address: Its my favorite because: