Which is the most fuel efficient car in India?

With the fuel prices skyrocketing every day in India, the price cautious Indians are panicking. That brings us to the question; which is the tested and proven car in India that delivers the most mileage. We could have two winners here in the Petrol and Diesel categories. What say you?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Bangalore to Madurai and back at 100 kmph with full time AC on, we clocked about 18 km/ltr on VW Vento (One year old) just last week.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have read that Chevrolet Beat Diesel and Hyundai Eon are very fuel efficient. No personal experience though.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The latest version of tata indica (indica ev2) seems to be it. I read in some auto magazine that atleast ten different people took it for a ride and each one of them clocked 22-25 km/litre.

Basically i think all versions of indica starting from indica v2 are fuel efficient.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Is the category of hybrid cars included? I think, hybrid cars are efficient. Honda Civic claims that it gives 25+km/ltr
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    why to forget tata nano here...........😛.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    mreccentric
    Is the category of hybrid cars included? I think, hybrid cars are efficient. Honda Civic claims that it gives 25+km/ltr
    Honda civic is a hybrid ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    How about this?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bioramani
    How about this?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cool ! 3000 miles/gallon !

But what we really are looking for is the fuel efficient car that is in the market today
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    Cool ! 3000 miles/gallon !

But what we really are looking for is the fuel efficient car that is in the market today
    That was more by way of an interesting aside. It is doubtful if such a car will ever come on the market at all.
    However, that is what CE is about!
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I think they got that kind of mileage by switching the engine on only when the speed fell below a certain limit..... so obviously we aren't getting that.
  • Davinder kumar
    Davinder kumar
    don't forget about the Ford Fiesta Classic new version.....ford claims it's average 30 km/l in diesel version....
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Maruti Cervo has been bestowed with top-class design and impressive fuel efficiencyand it is expected to help the company boost the sales volumes and increase the market share. This car is known as Suzuki Cervo on Japanese shores. The Indian version of this car will derive power from the refurbished FD8 fuelefficient petrol powerplant. Maruti Cervo is the expected replacement of the legendary Maruti 800 which would be positioned below Maruti Alto. The speculated mileage is over 25 kmpl.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Davinder kumar
    don't forget about the Ford Fiesta Classic new version.....ford claims it's average 30 km/l in diesel version....

It claims 26 for petrol and 32 for diesel, but the reality is 14 or less for petrol and 18 or less for diesel. This is personal experience (Diesel one) of a manager in our organization.
  • jaspal rautela
    jaspal rautela
    why we not use petrol in diesel engine?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​July 2012 has five each Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Happens once in 823 years. So What? Nothing. Just a curiosity. ​
I know I can definitely buy a mobile phone online but I still have my own doubts about shopping for shirts, trousers, t-shirts online. The same goes with shoes and...
a) T(n)=2T(n/2)+√n, n>=2 T(1)=1 b) T(n)= mT(n/2)+an^2
According to Eric Jackson, Google and Facebook might be gone completely in 5-8 years due to the reasons that the tech world is moving these days. In his article, he...
Anyone Using DipTrace for PCB Designing? Need to ask about some Libraries.