CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Pensu

MemberAug 12, 2013

Actually we tried to make world's longest thread few years ago. I dont exactly remember the name, but it was named "world's largest thread" or something. Try to search, you might find it.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 12, 2013

#-Link-Snipped-#

This one?
    Did it make the record? atleast national?
    Cancel
  • Pensu

MemberAug 12, 2013

Yeah, that's the one. I dont think it made any record. Otherwise, it would have been still alive. 😉
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberAug 12, 2013

Nayan Goenka
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This one?
    Did it make the record? atleast national?
    nostalgic...
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Can we open this again, with a target of breaking national record?

-CB
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 12, 2013

crazyboy
    nostalgic...
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Can we open this again, with a target of breaking national record?

-CB

I found a thread when Googling from some other forum. It has over 200,000 posts on that 😁
    That is around total message count on CE till now 😛
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 12, 2013

That's still not the longest thread. The longest thread I've known has over 800k messages.

I think there was a forum that already had over a million posts. It's almost impossible to beat it. What inspires me is that there are boards that generate about 5,000 posts on daily basis. We are not even crossing 500 😕. We need people who can explode things like #-Link-Snipped-#.
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 12, 2013

As new to CE I found this topic to be stimulating our new CE batch to break the previous record.
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberAug 12, 2013

You know, i was a great posting machine for about an year. At that time if the Ceom competition if existed then I would have won with a very high margin 😛.
    Dont want to talk too much about the past, but i was occupied with multiple things these days. I am very busy these days but still i decided to dedicate time. I thought I would become free but manythings coming up.

So, I will be regular 😀
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 12, 2013

There are disadvantages too of such threads. The same reason why the previous one was stopped can be taken into account. Spamming and abusing it to improve your message count.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

Yes - such threads are basically useless and are unnecessary burden on the server. But they are fun 😁 .

What we should aim for is to break the daily posting record. Shall we aim for 500 posts in a single day followed by 1000 posts in a day ( and then continue that trend forever? )
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberAug 12, 2013

If we conduct it, it would eventually turn into spam! 😔
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

Praveen-Kumar
    If we conduct it, it would eventually turn into spam! 😔
    Dude! Where are you? You've gotta show the people how the whole quality posting business works. Waiting for your comeback and participation in CEoM.
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberAug 12, 2013

Kaustubh, Is it possible that we have a banner displayed for everyone logged in to see the number of posts made on that day?

This will work, if we all who login see the number everyday we will be constantly reminded that we have to increase the count and we will eventually do it.

We (mods) will take care of the tasks, we will remove all the spam in this procedure.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

Hmm. The facility is not available by default. It will have to be developed though. Here's the latest graph - (click on the image to see larger version)

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 9.06.26 AM

Not to be shared in public.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberAug 14, 2013

We can spam 500-700 posts per day & can get internet fame.

Or

We can create good informative threads about Projects/Technical debate & can be super-dope Engineers.
    Let's not forget the ultimate aim of CE.

I think 7 years have already passed, 3 more & we'll hit a 'decade'.So, let's hope before we reach 'decade', CE turn out to be an unique community which is lot better than any fucking nonsense thread spamming community out there.
    Y'know What I mean ?
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 14, 2013

Abhishek Rawal
    We can spam 500-700 posts per day & can get internet fame.

Or

We can create good informative threads about Projects/Technical debate & can be super-dope Engineers.
    Let's not forget the ultimate aim of CE.

I think 7 years have already passed, 3 more & we'll hit a 'decade'.So, let's hope before we reach 'decade', CE turn out to be an unique community which is lot better than any fucking nonsense thread spamming community out there.
    Y'know What I mean ?

We can make a circular to distribute in all engineering colleges. Start participating in events/fests for different things under the name of CE. That is good publicity too.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register