Which is the free and fast image hosting for Wordpress?

I am trying hands in WordPress, now looking for a secure and fast image hosting site to host images for my site. I tried using dropbox and google drive looks little slow to me at first glance.
Flickr is a option but problem is all my images would be public and one any user find my profile they can have access to all images at once.
Also I looked through Amazon S3, looks good. Claiming its free but asking for credit card to sign up.
Is anyone used Amazon S3? Can I use it for some spaces without paying them?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The fastest way to host images of your website is your server itself. Another option is to use the Content Devliery Network. If you don't mind spending about a dollar or two each month for high quality hosting; I'd recommend Amazon S3. Most of the image attachments on CE are hosted on Amazon S3. It's a rock solid technology that's damn easy to use. Amazon S3 is 'NOT' free. It requires a dollar to sign up, but the overall pricing they offer beats every damn storage.

Dropbox and Google drive shouldn't be slow; so do consider reviewing your overall setup.

However, if you are really looking for a free image hosting platform, then you will have to rely on free image hosting website that promise to retain your images for a long duration. I think tiny pic offers such service. I'd not recommend any free service though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AMD or Advanced Micro Devices, the world's most popular chip-maker, next only to its mega rival Intel, is now launching two new families of mobile chips. Based out of Sunnyvale...
You have already read about ASUS Transformer AiO P1801 and you must have been scared of the idea of carrying at 18.4 inch tablet around but now HP has taken...
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) created "Bhuvan" in 2009 - a software application to let users explore the 3D representation of the Earth, a la Google Earth. The application was...
down the ages we are been lacking self sustained technologies ..especially fighter jets..either from the russians wheras missiles counterparts from israel,france and so on..guys don't you think we need more...
Following a heavy round of debates, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways finally nodded yes on the usage of quadricycles (a category bridging four-wheelers and three-wheelers) as modes of...