Which group do you prefer to be in?

a group which consists of people who are superior to you (aspects may be education,skills,economy etc.,) or a group in which you are superior in anyone of these aspects? explain with your reason..

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The group in which I am superior because, you'll have control over other's work. You can make 'em work on the project as you want.You exactly know what you wanna do or achieve & if you're superior you can make 'em work to achieve your goal.

One more reason is that, it's always better to kick ass than kiss it.
    But to reach that position, everyone have to do latter one first.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I prefer to be in superior position. Like a commanding place. That puts me in-charge of stuff. And I like to do things perfect and smooth. Kissing others' ass as @#-Link-Snipped-# already said, is definitely not me. If I have a problem, I take it over with the guy right away but this is not possible in inferior positions.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Nayan Goenka
    I prefer to be in superior position. Like a commanding place. That puts me in-charge of stuff. And I like to do things perfect and smooth. Kissing KICKING others' ass as @#-Link-Snipped-# already said, is definitely not me. If I have a problem, I take it over with the guy right away but this is not possible in inferior positions.
    Hope that's what you meant 😁

I'm more of a team player. Would love to work with like minded folks and meanwhile learn from each other during the work.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    anoopthefriend
    Hope that's what you meant 😁

I'm more of a team player. Would love to work with like minded folks and meanwhile learn from each other during the work.
    No i meant Kissing. I dont kiss others' ass for things I want. If i need anything I cut a deal. No bullshit. 😛

That ensures control. Plus people I work with are comfortable with it and they prefer it this way. So no one dares to fool me. 😛
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Though the group consisting superiors seems to be good I will be enjoying my role as a ledser in a group of people who were low in knowledge,skill,etc.
    i will try to absorb the best from my people.
  • mail154
    mail154
    Do you think that knowledge is wealth and can be gained from anyone?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    mail154
    Do you think that knowledge is wealth and can be gained from anyone?
    Of course. Knowledge is the most valuable wealth anyone can ever possess. And it has a unique property too. It increases when distributed.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'd always want to meet people who are more technically gifted and work with them. There are times when you learn a lot more from others rather than by yourself.

At the same time, I find it enjoyable leading a few team and passing on knowledge and skills to develop themselves more.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Agree with ash. That's the reason we all love to be on CE, I guess.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    The main reason I am on CE is it keeps me connected to the world. I m in contact with engineers all over the places. They bring in news and stuff. Talk about latest developments or inventions, we get the news Thanks to Voice authors. And this is all happening in a team. Everyone is knowledgeable about one thing or the other. So in a team too, leaders can be of that sort. I am in favor of delegation of authority with a central manager. This type of group is best.
  • Prashanth Raj
    Prashanth Raj
    i just wanna lead.......
    good leader not ruler.
  • mail154
    mail154
    Prashanth Raj
    i just wanna lead.......
    good leader not ruler.

may be you are like that. though you are gentle with others they have a under feeling that you're superior so ultimately there would be some gap right?
  • Prashanth Raj
    Prashanth Raj
    mail154
    may be you are like that. though you are gentle with others they have a under feeling that you're superior so ultimately there would be some gap right?
    ya bro always underestimated by others then i send them packing ....
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I am a detailed(slow) learner . I would be very comfortable working alone at my own pace . If that doesn't happen then I would prefer to work with people who are highly skilled than me. Luckily, all the highly skilled people I worked with in the past had zero-ego and I ended up learning a lot from them. I dont feel comfortable leading
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well being in a team can be a solution

Team life style has both sides we have our own times of standing in the front as leader and our own times to let others move forward

The way we stand in the front will force others to push us from the rear position to be their own face

This is my opinion If you are not capable of standing up when no one is even responding Then you are not worthy to be in the project. At the same time, You must know your limits at times and this save your misery as well

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gasoline powered tools used at construction site emit carbon monoxide, and in enclosed construction setups, they may cause poisoning. In order to solve this problem, students at Virginia Tech have...
I know that, all are fond of awesome desktop wallpapers. Most of the CEans would be switching the wallpapers,daily. Well, I even change wallpapers frequently every 2-3 days. This thread...
Money spent on advertising tends to go to waste if it does not reach the targeted audience. Online advertising is one of the best examples where this problem looms at...
While you are saving up for your 4K UHD TV, Korea's KT Skylife has already tested satellite-based broadcasting for UHD TVs. The service is now ready for its grand rollout...
Intex technologies has launched two 3G smartphones in Indian markets for the budget cautious customers - the Cloud X4 priced at Rs. 4590 and Cloud Y2 at Rs. 6190. Both...