CrazyEngineers
  • I want to open a debate about - whether IPL afftects normal cricket. Does it have some good effects on the cricket scenario? Or does it have many adverse effects? Share your views and opinion on this debate topic.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Anil Jain

MemberApr 30, 2009

It should not. Its another version of cricket only, infect it makes the players mentally strong.

-CB
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberApr 30, 2009

Well, I dont follow IPL at all.. though, correct me if I'm wrong, but it did make it more "entertaining" and fanatical for supporters compared to last time.

Is IPL trying to be a more mainstream league like US's MLB in the future?
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberApr 30, 2009

What you think about One Day Cricket and Test cricket same here IPL is the third type of the Cricket
    Cancel
  • Red Hawk

MemberMay 11, 2009

Actually this is the news i heard from a MBA student. IPL is a business plan put forth by a MBA graduate in Bangalore.. Lalit Modi bought it and now he is earning lots and lots of money.. Actually the only one organization being benefited by IPL is BCCI.. The approximate estimate of growth percentage of IPL this year compared to last year is 3600%.. SO be aware of this..
    Every time u watch a IPL match, remember.. Some top most companies are sponsoring it.. They will surely regain their sponsored money by raising the prices of their commodities or by imposing additional taxes.. If you are ready to pay double the amount for a commodity and enjoy 22 players playing in some corner of the world, your first and foremost choice is IPL..
    Being a college student, i know the adverse effects of IPL other than anyone.. According to my estimate, at least 20 out of 100 students fail in their exams by simply missing their concentrations through this foul or fool game..
    So plz don't watch IPL for gods sake.. Let us save the younger generation at least.
    Cancel
  • Differential

MemberMay 12, 2009

What is normal cricket by the way? Cricket is a sport and 1 day, test and T20 are its types. As lot of things are changing with time why can't cricket? IPL and T20 will make cricket more interesting and crispy. Specially IPL is giving chance to local player to play with International player. This will give them limelight and also help learn from great names in cricket.
    Cancel
  • ank.hesh

MemberJun 2, 2009

Well plz tell me first what normal cricket means?
    If you want that ppl should sit down for 5 days to watch a match. They won't. Majority of them. I fail to understand why are we against this much sought after change? For one players are making more money?
    Or more people are turning to watch these sports events?
    More money is being made?
    Well if you do I'm sorry you are nothing but like a communist who loathes capitalists. Being fully aware how capitalists are driving the world.
    Do you think"Idealistic Cricket" as you say can take the game forward?
    I don't think it can as at the end of the day its the financial bottom line that is the deterrent or advocate of any game. Be it football, Basketball, Baseball or even cricket.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register