Where can we start as a Computer Engineering Fresher

I am a fresher, I've finished Computer science engineering in 2009. Now since there are several paths like Javaprogrammer, DotNet programmer, Oracle, DBA, Networking, VC++, C# and much more, I am totally confused. And I still didn't get a job. So in order to last long in a job in IT field which is the best domain to start. I am planning to do a self study or do some ground work on my own, so which would be the best that you guys would actually suggest ?

Thanks in Advance
Vijay Ganesh

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Hi vgarunachal 😀

After looking at the options you mentioned and the thing that made you to ask such a question I will recommend go for "Security related stuff" . Computer engineers coming everyday are really unaware of tact's of these things and it is going to have a very good future only if people focus on this side rather than on same old things programming and networking. Many guys are already doing good jobs in these old fields . Computer Data Security field really needs good engineers. 😀

Hope was of some use. Correct me if wrong. Thanks !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vgarunachal
    I am a fresher, I've finished Computer science engineering in 2009. Now since there are several paths like Javaprogrammer, DotNet programmer, Oracle, DBA, Networking, VC++, C# and much more, I am totally confused. And I still didn't get a job. So in order to last long in a job in IT field which is the best domain to start. I am planning to do a self study or do some ground work on my own, so which would be the best that you guys would actually suggest ?

Thanks in Advance
    Vijay Ganesh
    Such questions have no concrete answers. The fact is, which path you take up is decided by the company that hires you. Let's say, you are trained in .Net and the company that hires you as a .Net programmer shifts you to a JAVA project - you'll have to learn JAVA. It happens with most of the people. So be open for everything.

It's always better to stick to the language you are most comfortable with and keep abreast with latest developments in languages. You might want to be very strong in one language and start working in other languages.

Sookie's suggestion is good too. But opt for it only if it interests you.

Does this answer your question? [​IMG]
  • vgarunachal
    vgarunachal
    Wow Guys, Thanks a lot for your suggestions, Sookie have made a good point. And The_Big_K the idea is a real fact, everything that you mentioned about company deciding our path, God thats what i am worried about. Anyway you guys had really given me a valuable advice. Thanks again. :smile::smile:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

“What Are Your Main Worries About Your Future?” Slough, 16th September 2009: Findings from the [1]Realtime Generation Survey 2009 are published today, revealing the education and career choices, expectations and...
how ar you for all, i have chosen the field of my FYP which is SCADA System . now , can anyone give me an idea on which part is...
I'm doing a project on automatic brakes in two wheelers.i need to know about a light ray or a wave which will get reflected from any mean like human skin.....
a vhdl code for generation of pulses of the form: T on= 10 T off=20 T on=30 T off=40 and so on...
Q} If the size of the file is 2050 bytes then what disk space will it occupy? Q} what is a system process? Q} How can we control the execution...