WhatsApp server Down

Yeah!

You heard it right !!

Try it right now, WhatsApp won't work, Facebook, showed it, how can they turn the world upside down !

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Yes, have been checking that and was just going to create a thread here!!!! Confirmed here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    $19 billion was invested by Facebook - so will they find a way to make us pay for it - since it's the ultimate messaging tool now-a-days!!!

P.S.: Hate thinking of going back to boring SMS. ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Many of us may curse fb for this, but according to me, it's just marketing strategy, Mark, would recover his $19 bn in just one day ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Sanyam Khurana
    Many of us may curse fb for this, but according to me, it's just marketing strategy, Mark, would recover his $19 bn in just one day ๐Ÿ˜‰
    There's always other apps for people to start using. WeChat, Line, etc... Facebook messenger is not suitable for groups. I think Facebook has something up their sleeves with the Watsapp backbone.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    It's back! !!!!!!!
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Whatsapp has now made a habit to be in NEWS.
    Actually third time in 4 days,

First acquired by FB,
    Second release of a new version for Android, and now
    Whatsapp

WHATSAPP IS DOWN...

Whatsapp was down Saturday night (IST) it came up in few hours, But do you thik It was FB effect, Will FB SHUT IT DOWN for ever...??
    What do you think?
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I am pretty sure WhatsApp has a reasonable explanation for this mess. According to this #-Link-Snipped-# they have admitted the fault and stated that service is back online. The whole server outage is not uncommon; If you see the Twitter feed you find that WhatsApp goes down at least once every month. This time however it seems the Facebook acquisition had to do something with the hue and cry generated on the internet.

Yes, the worst case scenario will be if Facebook eliminates the app completely but the heads honchos at Facebook will never do that. When it comes to the claims of WhatsApp CEO that nothing will change, I will need access to the legal documents of the deal and a corporate lawyer to learn the details and conditions laid out in the deal. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure if this is the first ever downtime WhatsApp has faced. I think with Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp, there would have been massive inflow of users and messages - which might have caused the downtime.

I think WhatsApp still doesn't have formal access to the datacenter team at Facebook which can handle such downtimes efficiently. Once that happens, I'm quite sure their uptime will be just like that of Facebook.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    It would be a part of server upgrades / data sharing / some tweaks related to acquisition etc. But for all those who are speculating Whatsapp will shut down,

One doesn't simple buy something for $19bn and shut it down. Facebook will be the most hated company ever then. So it was a normal downtime. And it shows one fact how much we have clinged Whatsapp in our lives.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nayan Goenka
    It would be a part of server upgrades / data sharing / some tweaks related to acquisition etc. But for all those who are speculating Whatsapp will shut down,
    I'm quite sure that it wasn't server upgrade. WhatsApp surely needs a huge number of servers networked with load balancers. Whenever upgrade happens all the traffic is routed to other servers on-the-fly and the older servers are upgraded. I even think they've virtualised everything to make sure hardware replacements and upgrades are easier and without down-times.

Facebook won't shut down WhatsApp. They'll ensure that WhatsApp eats Facebook messenger and emerges as a winner (just like Congress benefits from AAP's success ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). They're playing a game where they win; no matter what. $19 billion for total social dominance is nothing; especially when America's press is printing money out of thin air ๐Ÿ˜.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Many people are saying different things, memes are being created, pages are being created on facebook ๐Ÿ˜›

Here's something, I read on a fb page :
    Facebook have to pay tax! Tax was around 68.6 billions so they buy whats app for 19 billion and blocked it's servers because they know people have second option after whats app is facebook! Tonight facebook will have profit of 108.9 Billion dollars....
    Hats off Mark Elliot Zuckerberg !!!!
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Fake post.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    When it comes to the claims of WhatsApp CEO that nothing will change, I will need access to the legal documents of the deal and a corporate lawyer to learn the details and conditions laid out in the deal. ๐Ÿ˜
    Here it is..

Facebook acquires WhatsApp messaging service for $19 billion (Update: Facebook statement) - 9to5Mac

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

South Korean Electronics giant Samsung today introduced the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. These new versions of Gear are in many terms different than the previous ones. The...
Out of thousands of phones available in the market, which phone do you think offers great value for money? I'm not talking about any specific range of phones based on...
Reportedly, Microsoft is planning to cut the price of its much-awaited Windows 8.1 operating system by about 70% for makers of low-cost computers and tablets. Same report by Bloomberg claims...
Im from ECE...... Placed in Tech Mahindra as Associate Software Engineer.. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Need any suggestions or guidelines and which courses i have to learn?
A lot of engineers among us might be trying to go for MBA after their graduation in B.E. or B.Tech.If you face a personal interview for any MBA college, you...