What's the reason behind that odd username?

Everyday, we get lots of new members with really 'odd' user ids ๐Ÿ˜‰ . So, I think it would be interesting to know the reason behind that odd yourname of yours.

I'll tell you my reason, but I got to hear yours first !

So get started [โ€‹IMG]

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    My official name is Prateek Varma but on net usually my id is raj87verma88. I have two names like most of us have(atleast here in north India, I don't know about other places) one for school, bank, etc official work and the other which your family and friends call you by or a nick. Therefore i use my second name i.e Raj 87 is the year of my birth i write varma as verma on the net and 88 has no meaning, i don't know why i write it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The number 8 is considered lucky in Chinese culture. I guess you're gunning for good fortune perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I probably have the most uncreative username: Ash, short for Ashraf. I'm not good with thinking up good usernames. At least its simple. But it was kinda hilarious to be mistaken for a female during my early days here ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think the worse username I had before in forums was "zero_play". I had no idea why the heck I chose that.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    Friendster is an Internet Social Network Service.I liked this site and it became a part of my forum name.the 7 indicates the days in the week..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I see ๐Ÿ˜

I don't know for sure, but I guess I had heard someone say "The Big J" on the Television. I liked those words and replaced J with 'K' Muwahahaha ๐Ÿ˜

So, 'The Big K' has been around for past 8-9 years!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Gohm is short for gohmchin. A gohmchin is a Tibetan Buddhist lay priest. I was involved in Rennaisance fair acting while in college and my character was a gohmchin from Bhutan. My firends always thought I am a "cheesey" personality so they would change it to gohm cheese for a laugh. Once the internet came about, that became my handle and eventually shortened to gohm.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    mini is part of my full name and y is my starting letter... i had given my starting letter at the end....because atleast here i dont want to my name to begin with last but one letter.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    miniy
    mini is part of my full name and y is my starting letter... i had given my starting letter at the end....because atleast here i dont want to my name to begin with last but one letter.....
    I solved the mystry! I guessed your name ๐Ÿ˜

Just kidding! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Gohm, now I'm imagining you as someone who tries to flirt with girls with cheesy pick up lines ๐Ÿ˜›

Hey biggie, check this out! #-Link-Snipped-#
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The other odd user names that i have used at various places on the net are
    Panthera Tigris
    Panthera Leo
    Panthera Pardus
    Tat Cat
    Father_of_devil
    shadow_thief
    lupus lupus
    etc.....kind of funny aren't they, tell me what do you think about these
  • gohm
    gohm
    LOL, good thing I was not drinking milk because it definately would have come out my nose from laughing so hard at that Ash!

That reminds me of an old Far Side cartoon:
    The mating calls of animals
    (cricket) chirp chirp; chirp chirp
    (frog) rriiibit, rriibit
    (man) hay bay-bee; hay bay-bee

ash
    Gohm, now I'm imagining you as someone who tries to flirt with girls with cheesy pick up lines ๐Ÿ˜›

Hey biggie, check this out! #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, what about others? Most of us here have a pretty odd username. So tell us about it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any high degree in MBA/Marketing online? What would be the top universities that provide Online MBA/ marketing courses, if you have any idea about that please give me information.
๐Ÿ˜”Well it's a matter of fact that MBAs do proclaim themselves as professionals. Well Iam really scrambled here, Can any one help me out?๐Ÿ˜
This blog is mainly for beginners in robotics , this wuld give them a head start towards robotics, plz plz check it out and comment so tat i can improve...
Hello, frndz here is some topics seminar topics... NRAM, Ubiquotous computing,Autonomus computing,Green computing,Millipede,..and so ......... if any body wants email me @......................
hi everyone! have a nice day! i'm so glad to found this forum to learn and share new ideas. i'm looking forward to know to you all!!