What would be the best option for someone who has mechanical degree but no job?

Hi, I really want some good suggestion as I am seeing lots of freshers passout every year and most of them not getting jobs it is due the engineering system in India or any other reason but what happening with these guys they ready to do anything like work on shop or cnc machine. I don't think any work is small but what about there degree if they had to do this so the question comes in there mind why the wasted 4 years.

Replies

• R S
    R S
    Anjali Kulkarni
    Hi, I really want some good suggestion as I am seeing lots of freshers passout every year and most of them not getting jobs it is due the engineering system in India or any other reason but what happening with these guys they ready to do anything like work on shop or cnc machine. I don't think any work is small but what about there degree if they had to do this so the question comes in there mind why the wasted 4 years.
    When a student going for Btech he should have to decide about what next after Btec. During this four years he/she should have to gather the information what they want i.e., after btech he want to study then what to study he have to decide
    If he want to go for job then what type of job. What are the sources are available for that job.
    And follow up his goal....
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Anjali Kulkarni
    Learning is a continuous process and spending 4 years to learn something is not a waste of time. It is true that education system here mostly provide theoretical knowledge, but if you are truly learning and when you get into some actual work, you'll come to know how important this knowledge is and how easy it makes life compared to those people who didn't spent 4 years studying.
    But then again, many of these so called freshers did engineering not because they liked it. Just thinking that doing engineering will ensure good job and once everybody does the same, it sets off the balance between demand and supply, thus creating unemployment.
    But those people who study what they love will always get jobs (and some may create jobs for others too).
    And even if they don't get jobs, education is not about securing job. It is about learning and getting knowledge. Education enables you to work efficiently regardless of where you work, whether at a shop or CNC machine.
    I know struggling for getting a job is a difficult part of life, but the requirement is to create jobs. Here major part of employment is dependent on service sector. We need to encourage freshers to take risk, to be entrepreneurs, to give a boost to manufacturing sector. It's a feasible solution to the current phase of unemployment.
  • Anjali Kulkarni
    Anjali Kulkarni
    Thanks, Rahul taking time to answer this, I really like your thought process in each sentence it realizes how positive we should have to about our career and about the job yes we can get a job in the field of interest if we work sincerely for it. Last is the entrepreneur thought.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Madrid vs Bayern - event at FaceKobo Madrid welcomes Bayern Munich to the Spanish capital on Tuesday for their Champions League semifinal second leg, as the Germans enter the game...
Hey guys!! Check studypal.co, Many of my friends in NY have found good study partners from it.
Is Apple finally getting into the VR and AR hardware game? The house that Jobs and Wozniak built has been one of the few major tech companies conspicuously absent from...
One of the ongoing debates about the general acceptance of electric vehicles (EVs) is the need for wireless charging. Proponents of such systems point to the ability to park over...
I want to know about the rules for forming the final year group.. Can somebody please help me with that..