What to do while in college to prepare for the world.

Besides 'study', which is pretty much the '80' part of the '80-20 principle' as it applies to the question, what would you advise doing while in college to prepare for the world?

One of the things I have come up with is to go to the IEEE conventions to network. This is very feasible since I am transferring to a EE distance/online programme through the university and can travel across the nation, if not the world.

Internships are very competitive, especially in this job market, so I count my chances of getting one of those to be minimal.

EDIT - sorry for the poor placement of the thread

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Jobs/Careers section.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I agree, if you do not need to work part time while attending college, spend as much free time as possible networking. network in your intended field at events or professional association events and also network with your peers in college. Your peers are important as you share similar experiences, it gives you great networking practise and many times you end up building a connection for the future.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone pls explain me what is JVM(Java virtual machine)? What are JSR and their significance?
I'm sure lot of Computer Science enthusiasts and mobile application developers will find the following information useful - Four part introduction to Samsung BADA OS - Part 1: https://media.wiley.com/assets/2249/08/introduction_to_bada_part_1.pdf Part...
hello friends.. i m i last year.. i need some latest seminar topics in instrumentation engineering.. can u plzzz suggest any topic....
Is this college a good one? Is any one aware about it?
Hello friend's, Generally most of engineers like late night study.I hear somewhere that engineers are learner in day and rocker in night. I like to study anytime.But didn't find time...