What Softwares Should A Civil Engineer Know Before Completing His/her Course?

hello!
i am not sure if you ppl ll join with me for the point that i am going to emphasise on. any other engineering student say a eee student can start doing projects even during his second or third yr of study lik robots or some equipments. an IT student has a variety to perform. wat is that a civil engineer can do during the second year apart from academics? or, to be specific, will learning various softwares help? if YES, wat can be learnt? when should it be learnt? in what way they would help?

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    in second year i'd suggest you try doing some technical papers on lighter subjects and get detailed understanding of some topics. also you would have started learning AUTOCAD. so in various symposiums take part in the CAD contests and many more events like quizzes, model making, etc. etc... expose yourself to the happening in the engineering fields. read more!
    learn softwares like AUTOCAD, revit architecture, archi cad... they don't require the technical knowledge to great extents.
    slowly increase the level to tougher software and more challenging tasks in symposiums. even if you think it is not upto your level just give it a try. you'll get an idea about it at least! πŸ˜€

at least this is what i did in my second year! πŸ˜‰

P.S: you can try smaller projects too. πŸ˜€ i've not done them.. but you can give it a try!
    also one more thing that i'd like to add. robotics does not belong to one particular engineering branch! try your had at it too. πŸ˜€ maybe next year! but its fun too πŸ˜€
  • @n@nd
    @n@nd
    CIVILPRINCESS
    in second year i'd suggest you try doing some technical papers on lighter subjects and get detailed understanding of some topics. also you would have started learning AUTOCAD. so in various symposiums take part in the CAD contests and many more events like quizzes, model making, etc. etc... expose yourself to the happening in the engineering fields. read more!
    learn softwares like AUTOCAD, revit architecture, archi cad... they don't require the technical knowledge to great extents.
    slowly increase the level to tougher software and more challenging tasks in symposiums. even if you think it is not upto your level just give it a try. you'll get an idea about it at least! πŸ˜€

at least this is what i did in my second year! πŸ˜‰

P.S: you can try smaller projects too. πŸ˜€ i've not done them.. but you can give it a try!
    also one more thing that i'd like to add. robotics does not belong to one particular engineering branch! try your had at it too. πŸ˜€ maybe next year! but its fun too πŸ˜€
    thank you for your replyπŸ˜€
    now i get some ideaπŸ˜€ thank u. what do you mean by "you can try smaller projects too"? are u confined only to civil engineering projects or...... if so? what kind of them?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    @n@nd
    thank you for your replyπŸ˜€
    now i get some ideaπŸ˜€ thank u. what do you mean by "you can try smaller projects too"? are u confined only to civil engineering projects or...... if so? what kind of them?
    by smaller projects i mean the ones like robotics or any project not just in your field. see if ANYTHING INTRESTS YOU AND DO THEM πŸ˜€ also some civil engg seminar/project ideas available in the forum can be used for this. πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If anyone one working on any project then plz post about your project....... I am very much intrested in doing projects.....So plz help me out here.
Please help me to make a grass cutting machine. What all things will be necessary, Which type of motor,blades,fuel which can be used to operate it,etc......
BMW is giving its customers a way to look like geek. It allows the use of an app called MINI which displays information about your car, engine performance, navigation system...
Scientists have related two bizarre things. The spider silk and Musical composition. A rare branch of mathematics called Ontology Logs or ologs was responsible for it. Amazed? Read on! Ontology...
I need help in selecting fpga kit for my project.. Also cost details in chennai..