What should I prepare for selection in Joint Astronomy programme?

Hello Sir, I am currently in last year of  B-Tech course in computer science branch. I always want to be in astrophysics field. Because of different field I do not have much knowledge in physics so should I do Honours in Physics so to get selected in interview of Joint Astronomy programme ? And should I give JEST or JAP or do anything else so to get into astrophysics universities?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# You should register in their website at IISC for Joint Astronomy Program:#-Link-Snipped-#

Students wishing to apply for this Programme should indicate Astronomy and Astrophysics as one of their department preferences when filling up the application form for Research Programmes.

You need to qualify at least one of the following national level entrance exam -

1. JEST
    2. GATE (Phy)
    3. CSIR-UGC JRF
    4. INSPIRE Fellow (DST INSPIRE Scheme)

Here is the list of all the eligible exams: #-Link-Snipped-#

Once you qualify any one of these exams and fall within the required cut off you will be called for an interview (JAP interviews are separate from IISc Physics interview). The interview is mainly to check your basic knowledge of physics.

Also do read this important information: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I m not getting my offer letter from accenture  and it has been 3 months since I uploaded all my documents for verification. I have sent multiple emails to company...
I am a civil engineering student in my last year. Can i know if CE students can apply for their industrial training of 6 months in drdo?? Are there any...
As now market is fully automated(iot),I want to be a part of that automation,,with strong profits and develop my own company with it. But before I would like to train...
I felt difficult with search particular string or number or line from file using java
Sir I am working on a project for "automatically railway track inspection device".This is a vehicle which run on railway track & continue inspection the track for any defect. In...