What should i do after btech

I am pursuing btech cse and currently in last sem. I have my interest in web like websites etc but i did some research and found that this field is not good for my career. Top companies don't want such people and others companies are small & pay less. What should i do after btech.

Should i go for ms??
my friends are planing for mba because this field is good & pay very well.

Replies

• TinaT
    TinaT
    Do what you love first. The money will follow.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*
    I am pursuing btech cse and currently in last sem. I have my interest in web like websites etc but i did some research and found that this field is not good for my career. Top companies don't want such people and others companies are small & pay less. What should i do after btech.

Should i go for ms??
    my friends are planing for mba because this field is good & pay very well.
    Could you tell us about the research you did regarding your career choice and share your findings with us. Please elaborate a bit on it so that we know what's up in the web design field. Even if your finding that top companies don't want such people - you can always do it part time and earn lot of money through it.

Your priority seems to be recruited by top companies, if that's true, find out what they want and build your liking in that domain. MS or any other post graduation course is a 'way' to reach your destination - but you'll have to figure out what's your destination and which is the best way (that aligns with your interests and passion) to get there.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Hello Pushkar.
    Admin has already suggested the part time work. But if you're really interested in developing websites then why don't you start a website of your own and maintain it.?
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Deepika Bansal
    Hello Pushkar.
    Admin has already suggested the part time work. But if you're really interested in developing websites then why don't you start a website of your own and maintain it.?
    I do and love to do that but career is my career. Creating websites is my hobby but i want to move forward.

@Admin
    I found that websites can create any user. The companies who recruit web developers mention that they want to hire any graduate students like bsc, bca but i am a btech student & want a good position & money upto my level. Web developers have their importance in foreign companies rather than in india. :-(

Today, btech students doesn't any importance & many are moving forward for more education. They are many btech students who are working with good companies but they all got fed up from their salary
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Today, btech students doesn't any importance & many are moving forward for more education. They are many btech students who are working with good companies but they all got fed up from their salary
    You're generalizing and drawing conclusions without knowing the facts. If few people who you know are opting for more education doesn't mean that only B.Tech degree isn't important. The fact is the there is a serious demand for 'QUALITY' engineers. I personally know few engineers who're making handsome money developing quality websites; much more than they could ever make as employees.

You haven't yet answered my questions.
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    Deepika Bansal
    Hello Pushkar.
    brother admin bigk is absolutely correct.There are tons of ways to earn if you are interested in webdesign stream from home .There are many sites which are out there on internet where you can post tutorials and you can earn in dollars.With that money as well as technological exposure will also increase within you
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    computeridiot007
    brother admin bigk is absolutely correct.There are tons of ways to earn if you are interested in webdesign stream from home .There are many sites which are out there on internet where you can post tutorials and you can earn in dollars.With that money as well as technological exposure will also increase within you
    yes i earn money from internet but career is more important for me.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Pushkar: Why do you think that career and website designing are 2 different things?
    Career is ultimately what you do with your life.

Do only those things that you are passionate about. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    But I want to work with good companies like infosys, tcs, cts etc and they don't want web developers. Can you help me out
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Pushkar: Did you have campus recruitment in your college from all the IT companies?
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    AbraKaDabra
    @Pushkar: Did you have campus recruitment in your college from all the IT companies?
    My college campus placement is not very good. I gave the syntel test only. there is many off campus recruitment so i join that.. yeah its tough but i can't do anything ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    From what I have heard, it's not very tough for B.Tech Computer students to get a job on or off campus. If you really wish to carry out in-depth study of some particular subjects, you can choose for M.Tech or M.S. and specialize in the field of your interest.

As BigK correctly pointed out, the industry needs "quality" engineers (not just qualified engineers). If you have knowledge of a particular domain that the company needs, they won't ask you for the certificate.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    can you tell me about good colleges in india for MS
  • Mahesh Makvana
    Mahesh Makvana
    First of all, let me ask you, What research you did in "web like websites" that you felt it's not a good field to go for?

You might be surprised, there are people, who don't hold a degree, although they are making more than $20,000/month from websites (blogs). It's called Internet Marketing and using it, you can earn lots of money than any other business. Like, if you go in an IT company for a job, you won't get more than Rs.40,000 a month. By having a few blogs, you can make much more than this and great thing here is you don't need to work under someone, you're the boss and you can do what you want. To name a few, this site (Crazy Engineers) also earns some money from Google AdSense. You can see the ads placed on the pages on this site.

As you said it's a career questions, Career can also be made in this business. I have seen so many engineers leaving their jobs and joining this Internet Marketing Business. If the earning was good in an engineering job, why have they left the job?

Internet is growing in the world day by day and so the people are getting what they want within a few mouse clicks. So, if you provide what people want, you'll certainly make some handsome money.

Another great thing with Internet Marketing is, you do the Personal Branding. If you work in an IT company and develop some amazing softwares, no one will notice your talent as the software will be published along with the company's name, not yours. By doing Internet Marketing, you can create your brand, people will know you, they'll admire what you have done.

I have also seen some people who do not have gone even to college, still, top companies want to hire them as they have seen them working as "Internet Entrepreneur" . So, Personal Branding is must.

Well, coming to your main question, if you really like website creation/design, then don't let your skills go away and do what you like. This way, you'll sharpen your skills and can become a good web developer.

This is my personal opinion on this question. Users here on this site may give different opinion, however, you can go with what you like ๐Ÿ˜€

Keep this quote in your mind:
    "I have lots of backs in my studies and I didn't have success in my education, but toppers from top universities are now my employees" - Bill Gates
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Mahesh: I've even seen lot of students opting out of campus placements (includes those who got a job through campus, but aren't joining) to start their own blogging aka Internet marketing business. Making money online, especially through blogs requires lot of patience and hardwork. The idol for Indian bloggers, Amit Agrawal of labnol.org has clearly said that it's not as easy as it looks. Amit himself would put hours of hardwork in making his blog successful.

I agree that blogging can be a career; quite rewarding one if one follows it with passion ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    Well Said Big_K. It needs patience. We the Indian young "New" turks AKA "freshers" believe in rocket science. It must have to be Passion rather just counting the earnings. Best E.g. Megaupload.
    Everything take patience. Money can buy anything upto it is there in our pocket. passion is the only thing. it can refill it. with little bit of hardwork.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am doing bearing cup using cold forging i.e backward extrusion process the initial billet height is 13mm and dia 20mm my question is in how many stages i.e sequence...
๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ Wishing MAD-Scientist a very very happy birthday! ๐Ÿ˜€ Rock on!
NIT Hamirpur(H.P.) presents NIMBUS 2011 Amidst the backdrop of the skylining Dhauladhar range, NIT Hamirpur , a premier engineering institute is all set to host NIMBUS 2011,its annual technical festival...
hey everyone! I have to give GRE exam but i am confused which one shall I give new or old pattern. I am not taking any coaching that means i...
Hey guys !!! ๐Ÿ˜€... I m new here ... bt feels nt so isolated to be wth crazy engineers ;-).. I m in my 3rd year of Btech in ECE...