CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ankita Katdare • 06 Sep, 2011
Find out the number that should be place inside this circle:
@Ankita Katdare • 06 Sep, 2011 Click on the attachment to enlarge it.
@Reya • 15 Sep, 2011 answer is 3.
@born_star16 • 16 Sep, 2011 • 1 like Answer : 6

Explanation : Looking at the diagram in rows, the central circle equals half the sum of the numbers in the other circles to the left and right of the centre.

@Reya • 16 Sep, 2011 @AKD: What is the right answer?
@Ankita Katdare • 16 Sep, 2011 Bornstar is correct. She has got the correct explanation too.
@Ankita Katdare • 23 Sep, 2011 • 1 like 12

Find the number that should appear instead of the question mark.
@akhu • 27 Jun, 2012 ans pls...
@Ankita Katdare • 27 Jun, 2012 Let there be some answer guessing.
@Vanita Ladkat • 02 Jul, 2012 ans is:3
Right?
@Vanita Ladkat • 05 Jul, 2012 sure @Prashnath
i think its like :
In first row if we divide circles horizontally and adding numbers in each semicircle then finding difference between calculated addtion for first row its 5,6,7 resp for each circle
same for second row so that of 1st circle is 2 so next should be 3 so the answer
but is it right?
@Vanita Ladkat • 05 Jul, 2012 @AKD
what is right answer?
@Prashanth_p@cchi • 06 Jul, 2012
vanitaladkat
sure @Prashnath
i think its like :
In first row if we divide circles horizontally and adding numbers in each semicircle then finding difference between calculated addtion for first row its 5,6,7 resp for each circle
same for second row so that of 1st circle is 2 so next should be 3 so the answer
but is it right?
You mean 3 is the the difference and also the answer???
For Ex: In sec row as you said 2 is obtained by (1+7)-(2+4).
and 3 is obtained by (9+?)-(6+3). So ? is 3.

Can be a valid answer, but I think there is a solution and justifies the connection between the circles.

Anyways, good answer!!! By looking at the arrangement of the circles, it is valid!!!

Let's see what AbraKaDabra has to say.
But I think we will have to give another try, before she outs the answer.
@Ankita Katdare • 06 Jul, 2012 • 2 likes
vanitaladkat
ans is:3
Right?
Yes. 3 is the correct answer.
Using the lower two circles as a source, the values in corresponding segments of the upper left circle equal the sums of the numbers in the lower two circles. The values in the upper central circle equal the products of the values in the lower two circles, and the upper right circle equals the difference between values in the lower two circles.
@Vanita Ladkat • 07 Jul, 2012
AbraKaDabra
Yes. 3 is the correct answer.
Using the lower two circles as a source, the values in corresponding segments of the upper left circle equal the sums of the numbers in the lower two circles. The values in the upper central circle equal the products of the values in the lower two circles, and the upper right circle equals the difference between values in the lower two circles.
ok
but mine logic was different.
Anyways i got another way of thinking from this 😀
@Vanita Ladkat • 07 Jul, 2012 • 2 likes yes
Prashanth_p@cchi
You mean 3 is the the difference and also the answer???
For Ex: In sec row as you said 2 is obtained by (1+7)-(2+4).
and 3 is obtained by (9+?)-(6+3). So ? is 3.

Can be a valid answer, but I think there is a solution and justifies the connection between the circles.

Anyways, good answer!!! By looking at the arrangement of the circles, it is valid!!!

Let's see what AbraKaDabra has to say.
But I think we will have to give another try, before she outs the answer.
Yes so is 3
but AKD's logic is different
And as we all knw 1 question can be solved by different ways
and different people may come up wid different logic 😀
@nibhani • 08 Jul, 2012
AbraKaDabra

Find the number that should appear instead of the question mark.
i think the number is 9 because in first circle 8-7=1 and 10-10=0 and (1*0=0)...same as in 2nd circle..and in 3rd circle and 4th circle if we will perform the same operation then the answer will be 12.so there is a sequence of 0,0,12,12...so the next sequece should be 0 which will be if we use 9 at the place of question mark...am i right?
@Ankita Katdare • 08 Jul, 2012 nibhani Answer is 3. Check my post #15 in this thread.
@तामाङ मार्सल • 17 Dec, 2018

Solving the problem with doings this

13.7k views

Related Posts

@Aasai · Aug 3, 2012

We are conducting symposium in our college for Information Technology dept .I need some creative ideas, like technical events other than coding.. because we included coding event . can any...
2.4k views

@Vila · Feb 7, 2009

Hiiii everybody, Anyone have matlab codes for noise or jammers? I tried googling but can't find. Please help me get one. Thank you...
1.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Sep 24, 2010

I'm trying to compile a list of channels available in HD and 3D in India. Lot of DTH operators claim that their receivers are HD capable; however unless the channel...
6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 2, 2014

It's that time of the year when smartphone enthusiasts wait for the teasers and announcements of the upcoming phones from the electronics majors around the world. Samsung, the South Korean...
1.2k views

@Ramani Aswath · Jan 31, 2016

(A Cricket Puzzle posted by Sri Ganesh on FB) An interesting Puzzle: How many runs a single player can score in One day match (50 overs/ 300 balls) No 'no...
2.1k views