What is Win proxy, Squid proxy servers ? what is purpose of these two servers ?

networks

what is Remote monitoring? how it is useful in networks ?

Replies

• ramana_slv
    ramana_slv
    what is Win proxy, Squid proxy servers ? what is purpose of these two servers ?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Re: networks

in the early days of the development of the internet user where alowed unlimited access to it's resources.

the Internet has grown, probably exceeding what the original designers ever dreamed and with this expansion, comes the need to increase the speed.

One method of achieving this is by keeping copies of the web sites visited by people within an organization, so that, should another individual visit the same site within a short time span from the original visit, the second visitor would get significantly improved response as the web page would have been stored (cached) on a local server. This not only reduces latency, but also has the added advantage of limiting the consumption of expensive bandwidth by the users themselves. This method of increasing the speed is done by setting up a proxy server.

There are some additional advantages to using a proxy server, and these are:

1. Since all users are now forced to use the proxy instead of going directly to the Internet, a degree of control is offered to the system and network administrators.
    2. Using the proxy they have the ability to restrict the users to particular times of the day, or by machine name, or by network IP address range.
    3. Added to this, they have the ability to block the users from visiting undesirable sites, do usage accounting and force authentication prior to accessing the Internet.

All this adds up to a very useful tool and under Linux, this tool is called SQUID.

sorry dude no much more idea about winproxy.
    up to what i know

winproxy is used where we have to connect more then one computer with the network by connecting just one simple connection with your existing service provider.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Plus, it includes innovative features like a built-in firewall, configureless internet access, centralized anti-virus, remote access, custom alerting, URL filtering, anti-spam, timed mapped ports, and an edit menu to put you in complete control of the Internet.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]correct me if i am wrong.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]😒[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    Nice post.
    I got what i want.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CE's goal is to bring engineers from various parts of the world, with various backgrounds on one common platform and we are taking one step ahead in this direction....
Following are the posts we published on our official blog, VoiCE during the past week. Make sure you didn't miss out on any. We look forward to your comments and...
CEans, Lot of engineering students appear for GRE and one of the most frequently asked question is When should I appear for GRE? Does the time of year you take...
CEans, Ever since we announced associate blogger openings on CE; we've been continuously receiving applications. I thought I'd make few things clear. Please read carefully. 1. Originals Content Please: I...
Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/34362-crazyengineers-hiring-guide-applicants.html Discuss in this thread.