What is web hosting service?

hiiiii CEns

A web hosting service is a type of Internet Hosting Service that allows individuals and organizations to make their Website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a Server (Computing) owned or leased for use by clients

correct me if i am wrong..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Web hosting service is simply the service that lets people 'host' their web content. Typically the web hosting services provide a server and bandwidth.
  • hare singh nayak
    hare singh nayak
    The_Big_K
    Web hosting service is simply the service that lets people 'host' their web content. Typically the web hosting services provide a server and bandwidth.
    thank you sir

but could you explain little bit more
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    hare singh nayak
    thank you sir
    but could you explain little bit more
    If you have specific questions; then I can answer them.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Where you keep your website/web-page is called "hosting". There are many types of web-hosts from expensive commercial to cheap commercial hosts .. going down to free web-hosts.
    So, You have created a website, but in order to make it viewable in internet you gotta contact web-hosting service provider for that, It will cost you some dimes.
  • ultimatechange
    ultimatechange
    As most of the people have already told you, "What Web Hosting is" so i take this discussion to next level by telling you various kind of Hostings:

Shared Hosting
    • Shared hosting, sometimes called shared services or virtual hosting, is simply when multiple web sites share the same server, thus reducing the cost for everyone.
    • With a shared hosting account, your site will usually be on a server with hundreds of other web sites. That may sound like a lot, but it usually works out extremely well because most sites don t generate enough traffic or use enough resources for it to become a problem.
    • Share hosting is suitable for personal sites, small businesses, and even medium sized businesses if their hosting needs fit within the parameters of a small business.

• Most shared hosting providers offer substantially more disk space, data transfer, and email accounts than most people or businesses need. If every site used their quota, shared hosting would not work. But since few do, it actually works out quite nicely.

The only real problem with shared hosting is if the web host oversells. Overselling means the host has put too many sites on one server. A good server usually has at least a gigabyte of memory, but if thousands of sites have to fight it out for memory, CPU cycles, and bandwidth, it means all the sites will be slow. Fortunately, any good host will prevent this from becoming a problem in the first place.

VPS Hosting
    Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting is an innovative approach to partitioning physical servers into several virtual machines. It is the future of modern website hosting as it provides the power and functionality of a high-end dedicated server but at a much cheaper price. A VPS will give you the same CPU and RAM and will not share them with anyone else. By purchasing a VPS you get a 100% individual machine that you can reboot whenever you want without affecting anyone else.
    Compared to shared hosting a VPS might seem a little harder to manage but we are providing a Webmin Control Panel that will give you the edge you need in order to operate your Linux installation effortlessly.

Dedicated Server
    A dedicated server is a single computer in a network reserved for serving the needs of the network. For example, some networks require that one computer be set aside to manage communications between all the other computers. A dedicated server could also be a computer that manages printer resources. Note, however, that not all servers are dedicated. In some networks, it is possible for a computer to act as a server and perform other functions as well.

In the Web hosting business, a dedicated server is typically a rented service. The user rents the server, software and an Internet connection from the Web host.
  • hare singh nayak
    hare singh nayak
    ultimatechange
    As most of the people have already told you, "What Web Hosting is" so i take this discussion to next level by telling you various kind of Hostings:

Shared Hosting
    • Shared hosting, sometimes called shared services or virtual hosting, is simply when multiple web sites share the same server, thus reducing the cost for everyone.
    • With a shared hosting account, your site will usually be on a server with hundreds of other web sites. That may sound like a lot, but it usually works out extremely well because most sites don t generate enough traffic or use enough resources for it to become a problem.
    • Share hosting is suitable for personal sites, small businesses, and even medium sized businesses if their hosting needs fit within the parameters of a small business.
    • Most shared hosting providers offer substantially more disk space, data transfer, and email accounts than most people or businesses need. If every site used their quota, shared hosting would not work. But since few do, it actually works out quite nicely.
    The only real problem with shared hosting is if the web host oversells. Overselling means the host has put too many sites on one server. A good server usually has at least a gigabyte of memory, but if thousands of sites have to fight it out for memory, CPU cycles, and bandwidth, it means all the sites will be slow. Fortunately, any good host will prevent this from becoming a problem in the first place.

VPS Hosting
    Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting is an innovative approach to partitioning physical servers into several virtual machines. It is the future of modern website hosting as it provides the power and functionality of a high-end dedicated server but at a much cheaper price. A VPS will give you the same CPU and RAM and will not share them with anyone else. By purchasing a VPS you get a 100% individual machine that you can reboot whenever you want without affecting anyone else.
    Compared to shared hosting a VPS might seem a little harder to manage but we are providing a Webmin Control Panel that will give you the edge you need in order to operate your Linux installation effortlessly.

Dedicated Server
    A dedicated server is a single computer in a network reserved for serving the needs of the network. For example, some networks require that one computer be set aside to manage communications between all the other computers. A dedicated server could also be a computer that manages printer resources. Note, however, that not all servers are dedicated. In some networks, it is possible for a computer to act as a server and perform other functions as well.

In the Web hosting business, a dedicated server is typically a rented service. The user rents the server, software and an Internet connection from the Web host.
    thank you very much
    it is really nice explanation
    but i have one doubt if there is only one IP address of server than how more than one side can host and how different sites can be identified..
  • Harish Kotra
    Harish Kotra
    hare singh nayak
    thank you very much
    it is really nice explanation
    but i have one doubt if there is only one IP address of server than how more than one side can host and how different sites can be identified..
    The servers are divided into users using the scripts like cPanel and then based on the different user account websites are hosted in the user accounts.

Here is a video on what actually is web hosting in simple words -
  • hare singh nayak
    hare singh nayak
    Harish Kotra
    The servers are divided into users using the scripts like cPanel and then based on the different user account websites are hosted in the user accounts.

Here is a video on what actually is web hosting in simple words -
    hii Harish Kotra

thank you for answer
    you uploaded nice video but i am still not understand any think con you explain in little bit detail..
  • Harish Kotra
    Harish Kotra
    In simple words, for a beginner Web Hosting is nothing but getting your website ONLINE i.e., you created a bunch of html files and getting them onto the internet for everyone to access is done at a place called web hosting.

Let me explain with an example. Web Hosting is similar to buying a land to build a house. You have the plan and material and everything ready to build a house but there is NO LAND. LAND is the place where you build/construct the house right ? Similarly Web Hosting is the place where you put your website related files. It is an area to host your files. If you still don't get it, I will tell you how it is done and hopefully then you might get it 😀
  • hare singh nayak
    hare singh nayak
    Harish Kotra
    In simple words, for a beginner Web Hosting is nothing but getting your website ONLINE i.e., you created a bunch of html files and getting them onto the internet for everyone to access is done at a place called web hosting.

Let me explain with an example. Web Hosting is similar to buying a land to build a house. You have the plan and material and everything ready to build a house but there is NO LAND. LAND is the place where you build/construct the house right ? Similarly Web Hosting is the place where you put your website related files. It is an area to host your files. If you still don't get it, I will tell you how it is done and hopefully then you might get it 😀
    yes now i got something

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In what way is the term chisel energy associated with piling? with regards, gopal (gopaldeshpande6@gmail.com)
Hello friends, happy to share Notes On Superposition Theorem, Norton & Thevenin theorems. Hope you will enjoy them. Check out and let me know if you like them. I'll be...
Hello, everyone! I am Alesh Vardhan and I am a B.Tech 3rd year student of Electronics and Communication branch from Greater Noida. I am also Secretary of Literary Society of...
I am Adewole Olayemi Adedeji.Am a nigerian.I am a student of Houdegbe North America University.Sex:male Age:23-08-1991 Place of birth:Osun State Nationality:Nigeria Hobbies: Swimming,Playing Football,Dancing Browsing and Reading
is there any alternative way to charge a battery without using electrical energy?