What is unit commitment? Explain it by genetic algorithm?

What is meant by unit commitment?
how it can be explained by genetic alogrithm?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In electricity generation and distribution by a large number of generators connected to a grid, whose load can vary with time and location, it makes sense to optimise which unit generates how much and when to minimise overall costs. Unit commitment is the amount of electricity committed to be generated by each generator station as per a given schedule.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Since there are many variables, an optimisation programme called the genetic algorithm has been developed for this. Though effective, it tends to be very computer intensive.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, I dedicate this thread to all the ethical hackers in CE to teach their skills to the avid learners.. ! Please share some methods and stuffs..! below..! Don't provide...
Hi friends, I'm a computer Science Engineering student, who is keen to explore interesting informations and develop interaction with some engineers . There are some queries in my mind ,which...
I am building a house using 8" CMU exterior walls. Planning on 8' high with #5 rebar every 24" o/c vertically and 2#4 rebar every 4'o/c horizontally. What is the...
i am Yusuf, from Tanzania i'm taking my bachelor degree of engineering of electronics and communication in one of Indian institute in my country, i hope for today is enough...
I am a forth year student in Khartoum university in Sudan Electrical and Electronics Engnieering dept, I am one of the best students in my country, I would like to...