What is the use of mobile computing in recent world ?

I want to know what is the use of mobile computing in recent world?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Interesting question. Not sure what exactly is the background for this question, but let's look at the uses -

1. Location Independence

Mobile computing allows computing to be location independent. Before mobiles, the computing would happen at specific locations where users had access to the desktops and servers. However, mobile computing allows users to be connected and computing anywhere without geographical boundaries.

2. Quicker Computing

With mobile computing, all the data and computational power is available quickly. All the files and information user requires are available immediately and at any location where Internet is available. 

3. Research Anywhere

Mobile computing has revolutionised the field of research. Now research can happen anywhere because of the instant and anywhere access to the Internet. 

All the videos, images, text, research papers or any other information required for research purposes is available to the user immediately. 

4. Entertainment On the Go

Before mobiles, users had access to videos, audio and other media only on desktop computers or laptops. However, with mobile computing, entertainment is now on the go. 

5. Greater Interactivity

With mobile computing getting commonplace, mobiles can communicate with each other and servers in real time; enabling greater interactivity among users. 

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, ask away! 

• Abhinav Sharma
    Abhinav Sharma

Thank you sir... but how can we link computer and mobile  with each other through  it ?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#  - Mobile computing, in simplest terms, is computing that happens on mobile devices. The mobile are getting smarter and current generation of mobiles now has hardware at par with desktops and laptops.

As of now, mobiles are now approaching 10Gb of on-board RAM, 512 GB storage space and very high-speed processors. This hardware configuration allows for running complex applications on mobile phones. 

In other words, the traditional computers have shrunk in size and are now available as mobile phones.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'linking' computers with mobiles. Mobiles ARE computers! If you simply want to connect a mobile phone to a desktop computer or a laptop, you could simply use a USB cable or WiFI or Bluetooth to establish connection and exchange media. 

I hope this helps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Transmiting camera footage via the cable to monitor screens
I am building a concrete block retaining wall 12m long x 1.4m high to retain a long pond which will be 1.2m deep next to the wall, sloping back 3m...
How good is electrical system design course for an electrical engineer interms of career opportunities? what are the syllabus to be covered?how relevant  is the course?
Do you love your job? Does it offer you the variety and challenge you need? If not, taking a more flexible view of your skills could let you design something...
The Engineer article says: It’s “skills week” on The Engineer – which means that all week (29th Oct – 2nd November) we will be covering the perennially thorny issue of...