What is the right age to carry a mobile phone

I remember that I got my first mobile back in 2nd year of my college days.
My younger cousins got it when he passed out of their high schools.
Next generation of kids (I consider a person 10 year younger as a generation gap) got it in 10th standard.
I saw a kid in mall carrying his own cell and he was not even 10th year of his age 😲

I was just wondering that that what should be the age when a kid should carry mobile?

Per me not before college days, what do you think?

-CB

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    No age can be defined as right to carry a mobile phone My cousin is 8 He knows inside about mobile phone usage That doesn't mean he has a right to have a mobile

I would say you need a mobile only when you are in need of a telephone with you always

That would lead the age to be when you step out of your Home circle in school 16 or 17
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I agree that If you know how to operate the mobile phone that doesn't justify that you needs a phone.

As keeping a mobile phone and access to internet all the time doesn't go well on the innocent mind of kids.

-CB
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    When I was in 10th, I had Nokia 1600. (2009)
    In Diploma 2nd year (3rd sem), I got Nokia 2690. (2010)
    In Bachelor Engineering (3rd sem), I got Galaxy Y (2012)

You can see I haven't used any high-end phones in my life.I have my neighbour, whose son is in 11th & he's been tweaking with ROMs in Android. Sounds good, but his performance in studies has declined from 87% in 10th to 44% in 11th finals.
    You can see the adverse effect of mobile (more specifically, smartphones)

Ideal age ? umm ... 18.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    You can see I haven't used any high-end phones in my life.I have my neighbour
    High end or low end? Does that matter?
    The question is do you really require a phone at the age of 14 (in 10th standard?)

-CB
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    High end or low end? Does that matter?
    It does.

crazyboy
    The question is do you really require a phone at the age of 14 (in 10th standard?)
    I had 5AM tution batch. Every parents worry about their kids.So,they bought me one so they can call me whenever they want or I can if I am in any kind of trouble.

BTW It was from 10th where I inherited the habit of early morning work/studies. I am an owl 😛
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Smart phone for a school student is surely not an option at all. It is like giving a free license to everything which is beyond their age

But Basic mobiles are okay

I personally used a basic Samsung mob from 10th That was when I started to work as Sound Arranger apprentice.

Till This date my mobile is a great help as my work never lets me have fixed schedule So also is my college now a days
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As per my point of view there is nothing wrong to keep phone when you are in 10th. I agree that simple phone is better at this age compare to smart phone because normally kids used to spend time on internet and game. But there is less chance if there is Nokia 1100 with them.

#-Link-Snipped-# So you were practising for engineering from 10th.

I got my first phone after my Diploma.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Harshad Italiya
    I got my first phone after my Diploma.
    Well sorry to say this you lived almost a generation before AR and Me
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The world is evolving and the present day reality demands that we stay connected. But the choice of carrying a mobile phone should only be allowed when the owner understands the responsibility of carrying the phone.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Well sorry to say this you lived almost a generation before AR and Me
    There Is nothing to be sorry about that ;-)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You know what? Google's 1Gbps optic fiber network is a thing of the past already. What's cool is 100Gbps Internet. Japan and European Union have embarked on a series of...
Many of my friends are businessman and somehow believes that Credit Card are so much of a danger to the society. They or their dad's believe that credit cards calls...
Well for any miracle to happen with processing speed or memory or pixel We need to replace the current technology completely And what exactly is current technology It is CMOS...
A pick up that has great potential Not in India But in countries around the world This new beast of a car from Callaway is truly a wonder when we...
Challenging the present technology to redesign what was a past technology lets us analyse closely whether the development of a technology will be its boon or bane. What has actually...