CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • siva111

MemberDec 30, 2008

According to myself the material used for suspension is iron.But im not sure with it.For further details check this one.
    -----------
    siva
    <edited>
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • khooper

MemberFeb 26, 2009

For automotive springs, electrocoating is used for lower-cost applications. For higher performance applications, powder coating is used either as a thick single layer, or as a topcoat over an electrocoating basecoat.

Note: Do not post external links without permission.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • morganparkar

MemberMar 18, 2009

Hi Friend,

Here i have not complete answer as your question but some related information i put in your question..

The suspension parts we offer are the traditional and the most sought after parts, suitable for almost all types of vehicle. We offer these are per the standard specifications and also make such parts as per bulk buyer’s specific need. Hardened steel is machined and fabricated as per the industry standards to obtain the accuracy of original parts in our range of aftermarket parts.

Thanks

Parkar
    Cancel
  • morganparkar

MemberMar 23, 2009

Hi Friend,

Here i tell you as industry based solution which is Hardened steel is machined and fabricated to obtain the accuracy of original parts in our range of
    aftermarket parts.

Thanks,

Parkar
    Cancel
  • raj87verma88

MemberMar 24, 2009

Assuming Leaf Springs, the most common spring type used is Automobiles:-

1) Carbon Steel 98 C4(SAE 1095), properly heat treated is used for laminated springs

2) Silicon-manganese steels, 50C9(SAE 9250) and 60C9(SAE 9260), the latter having higher C content and higher mechanical properties, are both standardized for leaf springs.

3) Chrome-vanadium steel has greater strength, toughness and resistance to failure through repeated stresses.
    Cancel
  • raj87verma88

MemberMar 24, 2009

If suspension is made of Cylindrical Compression Spring:

Carbon steel with content from 0.5 to 1.0 %
    Alloy Steel - increases life of springs subjected to high stresses and repeated load. Springs are mostly made from oil-tempered carbon steel containing 0.6 to 0.7% Carbon and 0.6to 1.0 % Manganese.
    Spring brass and phophor bronze used corrosion must be prevented
    Monel metal is used for springs exposed to corrosion and high temperatures.

Wires of size more than 10mm dia. are hot wound.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register