CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ankita Katdare • 02 Dec, 2011
What is the typical shelf life of a modem? I have a modem that was bought new an year ago.
Is it the case that it's performance deteriorates after a period of time?

Some friends told me that they replace it every 10 months. 😲

PS: I have no knowledge about the topic. So please be detailed in your replies. 😳
@silverscorpion • 02 Dec, 2011 • 1 like Replacing a modem every 10 months?? phew....

I have been using the same modem for the past 2.5 years, and I'm positive I don't experience any degradation in performance whatsoever.

Usually, there is no such life expectancy for electronics. They usually function well as long as the parts inside are good. Unless you short a circuit path in the board or something, the same modem will do just fine until you need more speed which the modem can't cope up with.
@Sahithi Pallavi • 02 Dec, 2011 I have been using my modem for the past 2 years. And now it looks like it's time for me to replace it. It is taking some 15 minutes to switch on all its lights & to connect and sometimes even more 😔. I have to wait till then. Customer care says that the life time of the modem is just 2 years 😕
@Ankita Katdare • 02 Dec, 2011
Sada
I have been using my modem for the past 2 years. And now it looks like it's time for me to replace it. It is taking some 15 minutes to switch on all its lights & to connect and sometimes even more 😔. I have to wait till then. Customer care says that the life time of the modem is just 2 years 😕
Yeah. My modem is yet to show any signs of dying. 😛 But I want to know if people really "replace" their modems eventually.
4.2k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Jan 8, 2016

Tata Sky has decided to make its service called 'Everywhere TV' accessible for free to all its subscribers. Back in 2013, the DTH operator had announced Everywhere TV on Tata...
4.4k views

@Ankita Katdare · Sep 6, 2011

Here is the topic: There has been a phenomenal increase in the oil price within India’s economy. The country imports nearly 78% of its total crude oil requirement and with...
4.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 3, 2014

LG G Pro 2 is now in India. Amidst a lot of expectations and speculations, the smartphone cum phablet has entered an over-crowded Android phone market in India at a...
4.5k views

@piyusheddie · Sep 20, 2012

Hey guys..... I am about to start working on STAAD PRO V8i.....so can anyone help me to learn this software or can provide me tutorials regarding this in PDF format....
5.6k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 29, 2014

Alcatel, the brand from the Chinese handset manufacturer - TCL, had come up with a new smartphone called "Alcatel One Touch Idol X+" and had officially launched it in China...
7.8k views