CrazyEngineers
  • What is the typical shelf life of a modem? I have a modem that was bought new an year ago.
    Is it the case that it's performance deteriorates after a period of time?

Some friends told me that they replace it every 10 months. 😲

PS: I have no knowledge about the topic. So please be detailed in your replies. 😳
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • silverscorpion

MemberDec 1, 2011

Replacing a modem every 10 months?? phew....

I have been using the same modem for the past 2.5 years, and I'm positive I don't experience any degradation in performance whatsoever.

Usually, there is no such life expectancy for electronics. They usually function well as long as the parts inside are good. Unless you short a circuit path in the board or something, the same modem will do just fine until you need more speed which the modem can't cope up with.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Sahithi Pallavi

MemberDec 2, 2011

I have been using my modem for the past 2 years. And now it looks like it's time for me to replace it. It is taking some 15 minutes to switch on all its lights & to connect and sometimes even more 😔. I have to wait till then. Customer care says that the life time of the modem is just 2 years 😕
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorDec 2, 2011

Sada
    I have been using my modem for the past 2 years. And now it looks like it's time for me to replace it. It is taking some 15 minutes to switch on all its lights & to connect and sometimes even more 😔. I have to wait till then. Customer care says that the life time of the modem is just 2 years 😕
    Yeah. My modem is yet to show any signs of dying. 😛 But I want to know if people really "replace" their modems eventually.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register