what is the difference between XML and database?

Both XML and Database are used to read and write data

but can any one explain me in brief difference between database and XML( keeping security issues aside)?

I mean when to use xml and when to use database?

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    goyal420
    Both XML and Database are used to read and write data

but can any one explain me in brief difference between database and XML( keeping security issues aside)?

I mean when to use xml and when to use database?
    Buddy XML is a markup language, now a days widely used over Internet.

Database is nothing but a hexadecimal dump file which stores data in binary form in other words database is not used to read data but is used to arrange data in various fields and column.

XML is just a markup language and database is just hex dump, both are two different things XML can be used to read data but database is always used to store data.
    I think that's clear.Happy Computing.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    XML can be used to read data but database is always used to store data.
    Database is hexadecimal dump file stores data in binary form .fine

But i am getting confused with this
    what do you mean by database is always used to store data and xml for reading data?can't we use database for reading data?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    No. You use some other tool to read data from a database. You can use SQL, for example..

So, database just stores data.
  • paresh006
    paresh006
    Hello goyal
    XML is nothing but Extended markup language....
    XML itself contains database..and script should be written to access database...
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Only one line can clear all your all doubts in mind

Thanks silverscorpion your reply was really helpful and thanks to you too paresh

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can we do something such that we can reduce the gravitational force or counter the gravitational force? Does Gravitational force possibly have a positive and negative? a north and south?...
I have 2 os on my pc. One is ubuntu and the other is windows xp . Since my windows is failing to boot i tried repairing it . But...
Guys, i m doing the very same project in final year... I have segmented the characters from the number plate and looking forward to complete the matching the extracted characters...
"Galaxy" is a new-age mobile social network which allows you to live a full virtual life in your mobile phone! Chatting with friends, sending private messages, meeting new people and...
hello friends I have created a group for crazyengineers on facebook .Please join it and make crazyengineers.com popular among 500 million users crazyengineers on facebook