What is the difference between object recognition and detection?

hi ...

im computer engineer student ,my graduation project about home security .

The idea is to make a webcam recognize the stuff that gets into the house from people or even animals using tensorflow. Is there a difference between body recognition in general and discrimination among people?

plz i need some help . :{

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Object Detection

As the name suggests, it's when the computer systems 'detect' the presence of an object. It does not matter what that object is and whether it's moving or standing still. In simpler words, it's just the 'presence' of the object that matters. 

Object Recognition:

This would be the second step. Once the object has been detected; the computer systems will need to find out what kind or type of object it is. This likely extends into finding out the various characteristics of the object that is being recognized - such as size, color, motion, temperature, proximity etc.

• Ayman Alshobaki
    Ayman Alshobaki

Thank you..  

So i need to recognize the object using tensorflow in python. 

Will the code used to distinguish human faces be different from the code used to distinguish between humans and animals, for example,?

excuse me because my English is weak

• Aryaman Gupta
    Aryaman Gupta

It like when the computer detects an object, the object is just detected no matters whether it's like a pen, ball, bottle.

But when a computer recognizes something it detects the exact thing like if a smartphone is detected then it will be detected as a mobile phone object or if a person is detected then it will show that its a human.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Design News says: For those just beginning to understand blockchain technology it may seem that its that same thing cryptocurrency, particularly Bitcoin. What's lesser understood is that blockchain is not...
java language mostly used for IT industry pefer the java language based on security 
I have no idea about this site any help would be much appreciated. 
I know HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, JQUERY, Java, Java(JSP), C,C++. I want to start Python and enter in AI and Machine Learning. I'm confused between "Full Stack and AI"?
Hello everyone, My question is related to career.. I have done my BE in Electrical and Electronics engg from a state private college passed out june 2017.. didn't secure any...