What is the actual shape of the universe? And what existed before Big Bang?
Even though I may not have sufficient knowledge to understand the space and astronomy, I am intrigued to ask several questions. Actually, What is the true shape of our universe? To be honest whenever I day-dreamed about the stars and universe I always visualised the shape of the universe to be an ellipsoid.! This may be completely false but this is how I visualised it till this second. And the other question which aroused my curiosity is, What Existed before the big bang? "Nothing"? What exactly is that nothing? Higgs boson? Why did it explode suddenly? So does "nothing" still prevail beyond the boundaries of the universe or is there no boundary at all? So if there is "nothing" beyond the boundaries of the universe will there be another Big Bang?
P.S: Just because it's hard to answer these questions, did people resort to the most simple answer that god created everything? So, does God exist? And are all cosmologists and theoretical physicists "atheist" as they must've understood these things properly?