What is slip/ppp in computer networking ?

Hello guys,
I want to know what is slip/ppp ?
Is it responsible for dailup connection with our mobile ?

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Point to Point protocol (PPP) is used to link data in the networking points, it provide the authentication to the network and it is also very secure and provide anonymous authentication. Most of the internet provider use PPP to provide network connection on the home network and Serial line IP (SLIP) is used to work over modems but now a days it is replaced by PPP in the home computers or you can say that SLIP is the older form of PPP.
    Yes PPP is only responsible for dial up connection .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well, It Seems like a very basic question , but i was asked this in an interview!! 😛 In , Object Oriented Programming, What is the difference between an "OBJECT"...
Match the following 1. urbanity -----------a. referring to the countryside 2. suburbia------------b. word with negative or derogatory connotation; 3. exurbia-------------c. to spend time in the country 4. animus-------------d. residential areas...
Hi, Yesterday only my lateral entry counselling was held for me and i got Mechanical Engineering at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore! So any PSGian's in CE??? Be friends 😀...
Presenting July 10 Know Your CEan . This KYCean session is super lengthy ( 😁) . See , Opti helped us in compensating the delay is putting up this one....
Hi Everyone! I'm final year student in EEE and I want to do Temperature Control System using LabVIEW. I'll also use Image processing in labview for that project. Temperature control...