What is salt & pepper noise removal?

hey....frnds......plzzzz help me....
Does anyone here know what is salt & pepper noise removal???

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Salt and Pepper refers to pixels in an image which has abnormal intensity levels compared to their neighboring pixels. "Salt" pixels have abnormally high levels, while "Pepper" pixels have abnormally low 😀

... grr, am hungry for some Fish n' Chips now!
  • pallavi agarwal
    pallavi agarwal
    Salt and pepper noise is a form of noise typically seen on images. It represents itself as randomly occurring white and black pixels. Usual and effective noise reduction method for this type of noise involves the usage of median filter....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😕Hey friends Im doing 2nd yr BE and I have planned to do a paper presentation. The topic can be anything but confined to EEE branch.I want your help to...
hello, my dear friends.presently i am learning j2EE in a private institution. According to their norms a mini projects should be submitted based on java or j2EE.so,any body help me.
Hi Friends, Here's seeking some advice and wisdom. I have done E&C Engr and have 2yrs work ex in MNC. Now, I want to do M.Tech in Industrial / Engineering...
hello....can anyone of u please tell me that--What is the difference between 640X480 VGA and 1 megapixel?
========================================================================= Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC 2009) CALL FOR PAPERS Wuhan, China March 28-30, 2009 ========================================================================= This conference is sponsored by IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES)...