hello guy's
Anyone have idea about PSH flag in TCP.
please explain with an example.
😒

Replies

• mohammadfawaz
    mohammadfawaz
    Re: what is PSH flag in TCP?

Normally a TCP host is allowed to buffer data.
    The TCP push flag forces it to hand the data over to upper level
    applications right away insted of buffering it. (it is still allowed to
    delay acknowledgements though.)
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    PSH is the PUSH flag in TCP Header. It indicates PUSHed data.
    Mainly, It is used for immediate data delivery and it forwards all of the queued data to the destination. Here, the receiver is requested to deliver the data to the application immediately upon arrival without any delay and not wait until full buffer has been received.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Are you clear about this mohit?
    And let me know have you gone through the Computer Networks subject?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    It is one of control bit in TCP structure.It is of 1 bit

It is used to inform the sender that a high through out is required,ie data must be pushed through paths with high throughput
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Thanks guys i got it.

@sahithi ya i have this subject in next sem so i just started it with some easy post on CE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Ceans, From long time there is no any CE-MEET, Can we plan a CE Surat Meet? as our Cean Safwan is here in Surat for some days and i...
Hello all. I'm presently doing my third year in EEE and since I've managed to waste away the last 2 years without doing anything even remotely meaningful, I've decided that...
I'm interested in Ethical Hacking and wish to do my engineering project related to it. I'm currently in final year and want to know if there are any ideas I...
In GRE, as mentioned earlier includes writing an essay analyzing the line of reasoning in an argument. The first step in tackling these questions are being able to figure out...
Hi, Currently i'm working on final year project suggestion. My suggestion title / idea is Designing Dual Mode Home Automation.It is a kind of merging the Bluetooth technology and GSM...